AnsweredAssumed Answered

Going slowly crazy still

Question asked by Gwenivere on Oct 21, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2018 by Barb102

Ya know, ya find you aren’t the brightest crayon in the box in withdrawl.

In my attempt at a gradual quit, I allotted myself 14mgs. of nicotine as that is what I got when smoking exclusively. 4 real cigs and 10 lozenges. Withdrawl has hit hard and in doing the math of what I’m getting now is barely 3 cigs and 6 lozenges. I didn’t put it all together, even tho it feels like hell. I’ve dropped to 9mgs. a day. Sometimes less. What I do wonder is if this also involves withdrawal from chemicals added to make tobacco more addictive. Tho a search of American Spirit, supposedly without, says its intense too. I called Niciderm about the patches and nixed the 21’s as that would take me to more than I was used to and have to get used to 14 which is still more, so opted to buy the 7’s with the lozenges for break thru's. I also wonder if my using oxygen occasionally is a shock to my system. Mostly I think it is how this has become the center of my universe from when I wake up til I go to bed. Gettting up always involves a head rush to remind me. My biggest challenge is my anxiety disorder meds aren’t as effective in this stress. I add in the 24 hour back induced pain and emotional struggles of personal reasons. I’m also frustrated that I often can’t do anything strenuous because of shakes and tremors.

So this is just me going......duh. Thinking I was getting what I did when I had dropped 5mg. Like I said, not the sharpest tack in the cork board.

Outcomes