cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Roller831

NML & Inbetweener Not So Weekly Check In - 10/22/2018 - Getting to Know You!

We do this blog (not so every) Monday to offer encouragement and camaraderie to those in No Man’s Land -- months 2-3-4 of a quit and for those somewhere in-between who have less than 1 year of a quit. Regardless of how long you’ve been quit, anyone who likes the conversation and wants to offer support is welcome to participate!

This week’s topic: Getting to know your fellow NMLers and In-betweeners!

1. Would you rather always be slightly late or super early?
  2. Would you rather give up your smartphone or your computer?
  3. Would you rather live without heat and AC or live without social media?

If you're in NML right now, give a shout!  Reach out and find each other! 

Click here to read Dale’s helpful blog about No Man’s Land:https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/groups/best-of-ex/blog/2011/05/24/no-mans-land-days-30-to130-appr...  

Click here to read what to expect in the first four months: /blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months  

Checking in here will help you get through NML and on your way to the first year where you can celebrate being in the 6% Club and graduate to eventually become an Elder!

Please let me know if you are interested in posting the NML Weekly Check In.  I am happy to continue it, share it, or pass it to the nEXt EXer in NML who is ready, willing, and able.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnnetteMM

Helloooooo! I would ALWAYS rather be early. In fact, I am pretty consistently 15 minutes early for everything in my life.

I absolutely cannot live without AC. 

Computer vs. phone? I have no idea!

0 Kudos
minihorses

Hi all of us NML-ers! The questions are easy for me:

1) Although I'd like to be super early, maybe 15 minutes or so but I'm always running a bit late.

2) I hate smartphones. All the rest of my family have one and I hated using one of their phones. Unfortunately I lost my awesome dual flip (opened up to regular flip style OR you could open it sideways to reveal a real qwerty keyboard).  I was forced to have to by a smartphone and it confirmed my hate for the things. I obviously need the computer more.

3) Since I don't use social media that's a no brainer, keep the heat and AC!

Thanks for asking these. It was fun!

Julie

0 Kudos
virgomama

I'm not quite in NML (day 22 today), but pretty close.  

I'd rather be a little late.  Hate being the first one to show up.  It makes me nervous.

Definitely take a laptop over a smartphone any day.  I don't think they're that smart and I think they are a lot less private.

Definitely heat/AC over  Social media. To me that is a no brainer.  If you freeze to death you can't be very social. 

AnnetteMM

We'll be cheering you on as you cross the border!

virgomama

Thanks!  I'm looking forward to the crossing.  Sure I'll be draggin my tongue on the ground like everyone else when the time comes.

BostonGirl

Hi! I'd rather be super early than late.  Late gives me anxiety.

I'd gladly give up my smartphone to keep my laptop!

Social media depresses me so I'll keep heat and A/C!

Donna 65 DOF