cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Last Logged In Date

Jump to solution

I saw a response from someone yesterday on a post, but when I went to view their page it said they're last log in date was Nov. 24, 2017.  Why doesn't it register with the date of 10/16/18?  I was assuming that the date shown on members' pages was the last time they were on the site.  It seemed to be a good way to keep tabs on people's presence here.  But obviously that's not the case.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giulia wrote:

No, I don't recall.  And I may be mistaken.  But the next time I notice it, I'll let you know.  I had no idea accounts were auto deactivated after six months.  (This is new with the Jive platform?  Or new with the choice of management?)

It's a default thing with Jive. I didn't know it was auto-deactivating people until January of this year (1 year after we moved). Originally it was only one year but I had them increase it to 1.5 years so long as the person logs in. If they only reply by email it doesn't count as a login.  I upped it to a year and a half since our community celebrates yearly milestones(this isn't common), this way it would help us keep celebrating the yearly milestones but not annoy people that aren't likely to ever come back.  For many other communities they want to keep a close tabs on how many people are really active so they may set their auto deactivation date to 3-6 months. We're obviously a bit different than other communities.

If someone doesn't check in for the year hopefully we get them back with an @mention at their year and a half before they get deactivated. They only get that year and a half congratulations if they set a quit date, if not, they're just deactivated.  Regardless of who you are and as long as you haven't asked for your account to be disabled, if you have been auto-deactivated and log back in then your last login is updated and you're active another year an a half.

I don't think any of us were aware of that.  I always thought that it was by request.  It's nice to know that all those deactivated members didn't REQUEST to leave the site, rather it's just because they haven't logged in.

Yes, there are some by request, typically is people who just joined thinking they want to quit but then get too intimidated by the sight and the intense approach or people just signing up to give their employer proof that they registered for something.  A small portion have quit a long time and the @mention reminds them they have an account and they simply say they're good and no longer want to be on the site. But there are also some people who have never logged in since they got on the new community, since those people don't have a last login date they are not deactivated, but they also don't have a quit date. This is why you might see old posts from people and their profile says no last login and they're account is still active.

I did notice that some of the celebratory "at" mentions that were put out by you have been on some deactivated members.  Which I found odd.

It should be people who are at the 1.5 year quit mark. When I mention them they get a notification. If they don't login that day the next day their account goes to deactivated state.  Hopefully they get the notification and login to keep their account active. If they reply by email, it will still deactivate their account since a reply by email doesn't count as a log on.  

But then I assumed you created some kind of automatic algorithm (sic) that picks up everybody's quits stats.  And that you then personally go and "at" mention them all.  That's dedication! 

I have a report that I can download with quit dates for everyone who has reported one on the community. I then take that information and have it talk to a document similar to the freedom train document that you all had to inform me about key dates. I do it every day of the week. So yes a portion of it is automatic but some of it is manual. Sometimes the quit dates get changed in people's EX Plan but don't get synced to the community or they relapse. I've noticed that some of the people who I've mentioned have come back and reset their quit date and continued their quit journey so it's been great to see that me mentioning them made them think about quitting again and brought them back to the site.

Everybody who returns to the site and says "Yes, I'm still quit" after a year or more I add to the Elder's List.  That's why the list has grown as rapidly in the past year as it has.  So those Celebrations that you put out help me add members - when they respond.

That's great. I love to see that list grow.  Glad it's helping. I love to see people come back and confirm that they hadn't really noticed it had been that long or the people who come back and get their quit back on. It takes time but it is worth it.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

6 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

If they reply by email it will not register a login.

Mark

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 4:40 PM Giulia <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Ah.  Thanks.  I saw that another member had responded to your congratulations page but they were deactivated when I checked out their page.  So I assume the @mentions are being sent to their emails (if their notifications are set up to receive such) and that is how they are able to respond even though they're deactivated.

0 Kudos

People who are deactivated don’t get notified.

Do you remember which user it was? Accounts go inactive if they haven’t

logged in in last year and a half. If they log back in their account is

reactivated. When their account is auto deactivated they stop getting

notifications.

Mark

EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

No, I don't recall.  And I may be mistaken.  But the next time I notice it, I'll let you know.  I had no idea accounts were auto deactivated after six months.  (This is new with the Jive platform?  Or new with the choice of management?)  I don't think any of us were aware of that.  I always thought that it was by request.  It's nice to know that all those deactivated members didn't REQUEST to leave the site, rather it's just because they haven't logged in.

I did notice that some of the celebratory "at" mentions that were put out by you have been on some deactivated members.  Which I found odd.  But then I assumed you created some kind of automatic algorhythm (sic) that picks up everybody's quits stats.  And that you then personally go and "at" mention them all.  That's dedication!  Everybody who returns to the site and says "Yes, I'm still quit" after a year or more I add to the Elder's List.  That's why the list has grown as rapidly in the past year as it has.  So those Celebrations that you put out help me add members - when they respond.

Giulia wrote:

No, I don't recall.  And I may be mistaken.  But the next time I notice it, I'll let you know.  I had no idea accounts were auto deactivated after six months.  (This is new with the Jive platform?  Or new with the choice of management?)

It's a default thing with Jive. I didn't know it was auto-deactivating people until January of this year (1 year after we moved). Originally it was only one year but I had them increase it to 1.5 years so long as the person logs in. If they only reply by email it doesn't count as a login.  I upped it to a year and a half since our community celebrates yearly milestones(this isn't common), this way it would help us keep celebrating the yearly milestones but not annoy people that aren't likely to ever come back.  For many other communities they want to keep a close tabs on how many people are really active so they may set their auto deactivation date to 3-6 months. We're obviously a bit different than other communities.

If someone doesn't check in for the year hopefully we get them back with an @mention at their year and a half before they get deactivated. They only get that year and a half congratulations if they set a quit date, if not, they're just deactivated.  Regardless of who you are and as long as you haven't asked for your account to be disabled, if you have been auto-deactivated and log back in then your last login is updated and you're active another year an a half.

I don't think any of us were aware of that.  I always thought that it was by request.  It's nice to know that all those deactivated members didn't REQUEST to leave the site, rather it's just because they haven't logged in.

Yes, there are some by request, typically is people who just joined thinking they want to quit but then get too intimidated by the sight and the intense approach or people just signing up to give their employer proof that they registered for something.  A small portion have quit a long time and the @mention reminds them they have an account and they simply say they're good and no longer want to be on the site. But there are also some people who have never logged in since they got on the new community, since those people don't have a last login date they are not deactivated, but they also don't have a quit date. This is why you might see old posts from people and their profile says no last login and they're account is still active.

I did notice that some of the celebratory "at" mentions that were put out by you have been on some deactivated members.  Which I found odd.

It should be people who are at the 1.5 year quit mark. When I mention them they get a notification. If they don't login that day the next day their account goes to deactivated state.  Hopefully they get the notification and login to keep their account active. If they reply by email, it will still deactivate their account since a reply by email doesn't count as a log on.  

But then I assumed you created some kind of automatic algorithm (sic) that picks up everybody's quits stats.  And that you then personally go and "at" mention them all.  That's dedication! 

I have a report that I can download with quit dates for everyone who has reported one on the community. I then take that information and have it talk to a document similar to the freedom train document that you all had to inform me about key dates. I do it every day of the week. So yes a portion of it is automatic but some of it is manual. Sometimes the quit dates get changed in people's EX Plan but don't get synced to the community or they relapse. I've noticed that some of the people who I've mentioned have come back and reset their quit date and continued their quit journey so it's been great to see that me mentioning them made them think about quitting again and brought them back to the site.

Everybody who returns to the site and says "Yes, I'm still quit" after a year or more I add to the Elder's List.  That's why the list has grown as rapidly in the past year as it has.  So those Celebrations that you put out help me add members - when they respond.

That's great. I love to see that list grow.  Glad it's helping. I love to see people come back and confirm that they hadn't really noticed it had been that long or the people who come back and get their quit back on. It takes time but it is worth it.  

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Giulia

Thanks for all that info.  Very helpful!

0 Kudos