cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Tawny

Triple Digits Milestone

Today I am 104 days smoke free!  Feels so great!  I feel so free!  I actually go whole days now when I don't even think about smoking.  Amazing! 

Not overconfident though!  I've quit for a year and a half before and went back to it.  Not raining on my own parade or anything, just checking in with myself and keeping it real.  I know I'm only one cigarette away from being a smoker again.  I was a pack a day plus smoker so this is big for me!  There are still activities that I think about that I can hardly imagine doing without smoking...I also know there are a lot of situations I've not yet faced to test my resolve...

But, nah...ain't gonna do it.    I have to say that one of my very favorite things about being a non-smoker is not having to fret about smelling like smoke.  I don't have to wash my hair every day to get the smoke out...I can re-wear a jacket because it doesn't stink...I can hug someone with abandon...I don't take three steps back when people approach me...we can take my car and I'm not embarrassed because it stinks...   Love that!  I spent so much time worrying about that...constantly chewing gum, washing hands, I don't even know how I found time to enjoy smoking between all the "clean-up" I was doing.

Wishing everyone else a smell-good day today!

9 Replies
alysonoholic

That's awesome! I feel like it is a good idea to be cautious but 104 days is GREAT. clearly you have the tools, you just gotta keep using them like you have been. Very inspiring. 

0 Kudos

Good for you!! You're appreciating life more than cigarettes. Now THAT says something!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

Sandi4

Congratulations on joining the Triple Digit Club!!!

You sound like a very happy quitter and your positive attitude will serve you well as you continue this new chapter of your life.

You've got this!

Sandi

0 Kudos
Giulia

Keeping it real and watching your back will protect you.  Beautiful ...

0 Kudos
elvan

CONGRATULATIONS, I am so happy for you!  It will KEEP getting better and better.

0 Kudos
minihorses

Fantastic Job! It takes courage and perseverance to get to triple digit club! Keep racking up the days. 

0 Kudos
MarilynH

CONGRATULATIONS on your precious 104 glorious Smokefree days and counting WTG, YAY for each and every Day WON and YAY for awesome entrance into the TDC yay for the Triple Digit Club.....

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on 104 days.  It's quite an accomplishment being in the Triple Digit Club.  Keep up that positive attitude.

Barb

219 DOF

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Welcome to the TDC, and not being overly confident is being vigilant!  Not only freedom from smoking gives you extra time on your hands, but now freedom from smoking AND cleaning afterwards, EXTRA, EXTRA time on your hands!  

Way to go!  Keep on climbing those stairs of FREEDOM!