cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lizzysmom

Still A Quitter!!!!

Today I'm continuing to deal with my quit. It's been a hard day, but I've been told to saddle up, brace myself and BE PREPARED for just this....hard days. Days where I subconsciously want to smoke because it became second nature to me. I'm laughing at my craves as I promised although I still feel no joy. I still feel like I'm missing something. Lets face it right now I am.

Today my throat started feeling sore. I really haven't been coughing yet and not excreting any phlegm yet (not trying to be gross...just honest) Is this normal??

5 Replies

I was hoping to see this post!!!

Congratulations on a beautifully budding quit! 

The body does go through a lot of changes when we quit, usually very positive ones. As for the coughing, the funny thing for me was I had coughing fits before I quit, but never had much afterwords. I'd treat it like any ailment if it were me.

And the joy is coming. It's right over the horizon. In fact, it won't be long before you're feeling proud of your accomplishment. Keep fighting!! It's well worth the effort!!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

Strudel

Laughing at the craves is perfect! I think that is Dale's great idea! It isn't easy - but it is doable! You will need to trust us on that. I smoked for 40 years and when I quit - those early days were not easy - but, I kept putting one foot in front of the other. As you said, being prepared for the hard days - you will get through to some much brighter days of freedom! Congrats on your quit! 

virgomama

GOOD JOB!!!!!!!.  I'll let the elders analyze all this for you.  I'm just glad you're still in the ring.  I'm only 15 days quit.  Hang in there my friend.  It does get easier with each day.  and the HELP!!! call really does work.  Use it before you light up.

autumnpepper

Glad you are sticking with it.  I have one cigarette left for my mindful last smoke tomorrow!  Hope things are calming down for you.  

Keep up the good fight! 

elvan

Everything you are feeling and experiencing is part of the journey...there are good parts and not so good parts but as long as we keep going forward...we've GOT this.  I am really happy for you.  Keep going, Chuck is right, the joy is coming.

Best.

Ellen