cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Values

When we live our Values we are Blessed with Serenity.

Addiction requires that we throw away ever so many values such as health, family, honesty, self-love. Recovery, true recovery, is more than simply not smoking.

Recovery is a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength; or the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost.What was lost? Our values! 

When we don't live our values we live in existential pain. We medicate the pain with the Addictive substance - Nicotine and the cycle continues until the Me is lost!

I got Me back! It took a long time and a lot of work but it took a long time to lose myself to Addiction!

The re-covery of myself has been the most blessed gift that LIFE has given me. 

It took Courage - a lot of Courage. We often forget that the root of courage is Heart, the seat of Feeling! Addiction stuffs our feelings - it smothers our hearts. That's why it's so tough to overcome! 

And Faith and Trust. I often deny that I have Faith and Trust - I pray for faith and trust. Faith comes from belief - I am full of doubt. But the more I recover the more I believe in a Universe, Cosmos, Higher Power that I can trust to provide me with a plan for good. 

I had to make a pact with My Higher Power: I will have the courage to change the things that I can and the Faith and Trust to believe that You/He/She  have the rest. Without this agreement I would have never Recovered my values and thus, my Serenity!

I 100% know for a fact that I will never smoke any substance again! The doubt is gone. I dared to believe!

6 Replies
indingrl

CONGRATS AND GOOD JOB!

0 Kudos
elvan

Love this, Thomas....bookmarking.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Christine13

Thank you so much Thomas.

0 Kudos
Strudel

Love you Thomas - so good to see you! 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

This is beautiful and I love it and you! Thank you Thomas!

0 Kudos
A.N.N.

Thank you! This is beautiful and so true. 

0 Kudos