cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

TexasMoxie

Days of Liberty

I saw other people posting how many DOF's they had.  Stands for Days of Freedom.

That reminded me of a souvenir cup I bought at the Statue of Liberty many years ago.  I dug it out and have it here beside me.  It's my new best friend.  I'll be drinking lots of water, sucking on a straw (instead of a cigarette) and thinking about being liberated from nicotine. 

Looking forward to racking up many, many Days of Liberty.

Happy Trails

TM

2 Replies
Giulia

Love the cup.  And Days of Liberty.  Sounds like you've prepared yourself well.  A blog that might aid in your education:  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/01/quitting-is-a-skill-that-can-be-learned?sr=search&searchId=5c288b2f-16...‌ (there are some active links - in red on there - to other material on the site that may be useful.)  I used to "pretend smoke" straws too.  It helped.  Until I then had to wean myself off of THEM!  I didn't know if I'd float away from taking so many deep breaths or sink because of all the water I sucked on.  Keep a sense of humor about yourself.  Takes some of the meanness away!  One day at a time we build our quit house of petrified wood (it's prettier than brick).

Image result for funky wooden house

elvan

I love the cup too...you sound wonderful, Happy Trails to you as well.

Ellen