cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a member curated list of EX Community content over 10+ years

Giulia

Abbreviations & Expressions Used in the EX Community

Why is abbreviation such a long word? 

6% CLUB = (those who have quit for one year or more)

Comma = 1,000 days smoke free

DDC = DOUBLE DIGIT CLUB (once a member gets to 10 smoke-free days)

DOF = DAYS OF FREEDOM (the number of days absolutely smoke-free)

ELDER = (a member who has over a one-year quit and offers wisdom based on their experience)

HALT = Hungry, Angry Lonely, Tired (Each one of these four physical or emotional conditions, if not taken care of, leaves an individual vulnerable for relapse.)

Heck Week = the second week of a quit

Hell Week = the first week of a quit

JFT = just for today

KOKO = KEEP ON KEEPING ON

NADO = NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE

NEF = NEVER EVER FORGET (how hard it was to quit and that no one wants to start over)

NML = NO MAN'S LAND (Day 30 through approximately 130)

NOPE = NOT ONE PUFF EVER (based on the Law of Addition:  "Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictivesubstance."  Yes, even one puff.)

SINAO = SMOKING IS NOT AN OPTION

TDC = TRIPLE DIGIT CLUB (Those with 100 days or more smoke free)

QUITITUDE (QUIT TUDE) = a, positive,  can-do attitude toward your quit where YOU take the helm.

QUAD SQUAD = (those who have quit for 1,000 days or more)

39 Replies
Legend

I never knew what KOKO was and never got around to ask anyone. Now I know thanks for the abbreviations lesson. 

Giulia

Well I'm ASSUMING that's what it means since Mike often signs off with it or just Keep On.

MarilynH

I didn't know what KOKO meant either, thanks Giulia. 🙂

susan_m

Thanks for posting this - I felt like I was trying to decipher a new language!  NAD0 was pretty easy for me, but I could not figure SINAO out.  🙂

Giulia

Glad you found it helpful Susan.  We aim to please!

Good list.

0 Kudos
John10forteen

Thanks Giulia

I kept forgetting some of these and wanted to remember them for newbie comments. They are so effective helping get through the tough spots.GREAT LIST!

0 Kudos
susan_m

Don't forget TDC for Triple Digit Club.... I was asked about that earlier and assumed it was on this list.  *DOH*

0 Kudos
Giulia

Thank you susan_m It's in now!