cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JackieMellon

High anxiety day

In the beginning I knew I needed support. I was afraid thinking or talking about smoking would only make it worse...but it really was the opposite. This group is really amazing! I do receive the texts and says I haven't named a sponsor..how do I do that? I'm sure if I just play around with the site, I'll find just about anything I need    Yesterday and today have beed rough, today more so. I have the chest flutters, I'm assuming anxiety. More thoughts of old habits. However, feeling strong enough to really kick this thing in the butt! I was doing so well and out of the blue, the little devil on my shoulder keeps making me think about it. Just wanted to share and hear some encouragement..thanks for listening 

6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

mark_s

sponsor?

I hope our administrator will jump in here to answer your sponsor question.  I didn't know we had them on this site.

You are still early in your journey - and it's a roller coaster ride with ups and downs and all arounds. Just like regular life, you will have good days and not-so-good days.  Just ride them out.  Be sure to come here and write a blog with the title, "HELP" if the going gets too tough.  Give us time to get back to you ----- don't smoke while you're waiting!!

You are really doing well - you still have a bit to go - so be patient.

Nancy

virgomama

Keep reading.........Keep blogging..................follow your quit plan............Texting "HELP" works...............They will be there...........We will be there........... As was told to me,"  Quitting is a journey not a destination".....Ride the wave and stay strong.

JACKIE1-25-15

You know all my life I had heard about that little man on the shoulder.  I always thought of it as fictitious until it became active when I quit smoking. Literally.  had to literally knock him off my shoulder several times and stomp on him/her to get it to shut up.  So when the little man starts sitting on the shoulder and whispering in your ear, Knock it off! Literally and tell it to shut up and stomp on it and keep it moving Literally. For real. 

elvan

Are those text messages coming from EX?  I am not aware of us having sponsors...we ALL sponsor and support each other.  Education, support, commitment...staying close to the site and becoming familiar with what has worked for others is the only way I have come to this point in my quit.  It gets SO much easier and there are rewards that you cannot possibly anticipate...including improved self esteem and confidence and the feeling that you are being honest with yourself and allowing yourself to really feel your emotions.  You CAN do this, it is an amazing journey filled with lots of discoveries!

Ellen

jconfusion

its the old saying theres an angel shoulder on one and the devil on the other, lol but the scorpios tarot card is the devil lol I think its just the addiction trying to get you to mess up up your quit.

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

You're doing great.   Remind yourself that this will pass.  I use "I don't do that anymore"  all the time.  It really helps.

207 DOF