cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

The Truth Campaign

The company that runs this website has a lot of potent material out there.  From ads aimed at kids in an attempt to stop or caution against the juul mania, to those videos for adults.  If you're wonder whether you should quit, if you said you're gonna quit and have only lasted a day, if you need some impetus to keep on with your quit, or get back to it - just go check some of them out.  Like these two.  Rather sobering to say the least.  And I think we need some "truth" about this addiction to help us get over it at times.  Read and heed.  Quite an extraordinary woman, this.

Christine - Losing Everything - YouTube 

Christine - Feeding Tube - YouTube 

8 Replies
virgomama

This is one of those harsh realities we know is out there but prefer to deny or keep in the closet of our mind.  Yet one that needs be confronted from time to time.  Truth and facts are not always easy to accept.  My heart goes out to this woman.  The choices we make determine the life we live.  I'm choosing to live smoke free from here on out.  That really isn't a guarantee my choice to smoke for 30+ years won't have consequences.   This was a sobering blog for me .

AnnetteMM

Sobering and disgusting, and what I worry about every time I get a canker sore or dental problem. 

desiree465

It's so freaking sad I can barely stand to watch. But we need to see stuff like this, it reaffirms why I quit, but more importantly why I need to stick with this no matter how uncomfortable I am. Cancer isn't going to give me comfort. 

Giulia

why I need to stick with this no matter how uncomfortable I am. Cancer isn't going to give me comfort. 

TRUTH!!!!

jconfusion

well my grandma and my aunt had cancer and died because  of it and my mom has copd im glad I quit.  but I did smoke for 14 years.  and ive been smoke free for 7 years, and its very possible I can get cancer and copd

sighs.

indingrl

FACT USING NICOTINE CAUSES CANCERS-FACT MY FAMILY MEMBER IS SLOWLY DYING OF CANCER DUE TO HER CHOICE TO USE NICOTINE-UGLY STARK FACTS! Thanks MY beloved lady G for your COURAGE. Amen

Sootie

Giulia

I just saw this the other day and noted it was created by The Truth Campaign. They do work very hard to help people with this awful addiction. As many of you know, my beloved sister still smokes and I fear something like this for her every day. Everyone who smokes (m eincluded) flippantly says...."You have to die of something". But.....very few think that you many times DO NOT DIE. You live a very sick and compromised life. I don't want that for any of us. I don't want that for my sister.

Stay Strong.

elvan

These ads are so poignant and sad...thanks for making sure everyone sees them Giulia

Ellen