cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Anyone here have vertigo symptoms..Then Stroke!

Did you or anyone you know have symptoms of  vertigo like symptoms for days or weeks?  
Just asking about personal experiences of vertigo effects for days/weeks Before" any kind of stroke in your life? Or someone you know.

Thank You
Many Blessings

KimsSignature.gif

13 Replies
Barbara145

Do you have known vascular disease?  How long ago did you quit smoking?  I don't know anyone here who has had a stroke.

0 Kudos
indingrl

please ask your personal doc-we are recovering nicotine addicts-all humans are different in medical-personal eating-drinking liquids-physical - and generational history-we are not prof doctors-maybe doctor HAYS or EX TEAM CAN HELP-THEY ARE THE PROFESSIONALS HERE-Please contact their blogs- thank you!

YoungAtHeart

I had vertigo for almost six months years ago as a result of a concussion from a car accident.  AWFUL stuff - that.

If you are concerned  - get thee to a doctor - ASAP!

Nancy

elvan

PLEASE get to a doctor and find out what is going on...then PLEASE let us know.  Prayers for you, Kim.

Ellen

anaussiemom

Just asking a general question.  Isn't me as of yet. phew. Thank you elvan  and everyone.

elvan

Thanks for that clarification, Kim, that was really worrisome.  I hope the person who is having these symptoms gets evaluated sooner rather than later.

Ellen

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

I  have.  I find their answer unacceptable.  Looking for a 2nd opinion  from 1 of the 100 top Neuro Surgeons in the country.  I'm on edge and uneasy about the whole thing.

Hopefully here from him in the AM.

0 Kudos
Sootie

Some elders who are no longer real active on this site did have strokes probably caused or at least partially caused by smoking. Vertigo is never a good thing whatever the cause. go to a doctor! I'm not a lover of doctor appointments....but sometimes...............ya gotta go!

Let us know how you are.......

0 Kudos
KMC56

I had absolutely no physical or mental warnings before my stroke.  It came quickly and SILENTLY.  I thank God that my husband was home when I was experiencing my stroke.  It was sort of an out of body experience for me...and when I was "concious" of my surroundings, I didn't think I had a stroke..even though my speech was slurred...99% blockage in my left carodic artery.  

Four months previous to my stroke, i was experiencing numbness around my mouth, and had a ultra sound 9n both arteries...

Six months later...a scar on the left side of my neck is the reminder.  I am a very blessed woman!  Yes I danced with the devil for 40 years..and I am a type A personality!

Go to a vascular Dr.  NOW!

~Kathy