cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Trying to stop vaping

Really struggling here. Getting tired of being so addicted to my vape. I am addicted to the nicotine, and feel terrible when I can't do it. I am trying to quit and be completely nicotine free. Looking for support.

Tags (1)
5 Replies

I don't know your history. 

Did you quit smoking cigarettes by vaping?

I'm going to assume you did in order to respond.

I have to imagine that many people who chain vape are unknowingly getting more nicotine than they ever got from smoking cigarettes.

The problem I have with vaping is you don't disconnect from the ritual of smoking. The hand to mouth and inhale motions.

If you cannot reduce the nicotine you are vaping gradually, I would suggest getting on the patch. You don't self dose with the patch. You trust it and you do other things with your hands.

I used toothpicks and straws cut into thirds to lose the ritual part of the addiction.

I also used wintogreen mints.

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Support is what Ex is all about. Please read the blogs and info posted here at Ex. Start there. Wanting to quit is a start, but getting yourself together to make a plan, then quit are the next steps. So, read, read read and then start planning. Ex is here to help. 

0 Kudos
virgomama

This is a great place to start.  Just start reading everything you can on this site.  There are those who have been ex smokers for a long time.   they will send you links for information to read.  Do it.  I'm on day one of my quit.  Spent almost a month reading and understanding this addiction.  It was so worth the time to do.  I feel really confident about my quit this time because I did that.

indingrl

WELCOME AND GOOD CHOICE TO LIVE NICOTINE FREE! 

Gibbar

Welbutrin, and wear two patches to start and then chew gum or suck on lozenges, then after a few days, drop a patch, and start lowering your patch mg. after a month and so on! Good luck and never, never give up !!!