cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Update 08/13/19: Horrible news but I won't smoke!

We found out the right before hurricane Florence decided to make landfall right on top of them, that my father-in-law had pancreatic cancer.  

UPDATE SO FAR:  OK my FIL (father in-law) went to have a CAT or maybe MRI, hubby didn't remember which, last Friday.  It is cancer but is limited to the pancreas not the colon.  As for the severity or type we don't know yet but hubby will be calling his dad today for an update.  He was supposed to have all the results in yesterday so we didn't want to jump on the phone before he and his wife process the news themselves.  I'm praying hard for them.  I will hopefully post an update later today or tomorrow.  

UPDATE 10/19/2018:  My FIL had his first round of Chemotherapy a couple days ago. He had the usual sickness that comes with chemo for a little over a day but was feeling better yesterday.  He said that the tumors haven't grown very much and a few haven't grown any bigger. Hubby told me yesterday that his sister was coming down from Massachusetts soon, I don't remember when exactly. She hasn't seen or spoken with us in about 25 years for no particular reason other than brothers and sisters rarely call each other..Please send prayers  and love their way! Will keep you all updated and thank you for all the love you've already provided.

UPDATE 08/13/2019:  Thank you all for your prayers! I ask for all people on EX to crank up the volume on those prayers!  My F-I-L doesn't have much time left.  He's had hospice come to the house a couple times and they will be having a hospital bed brought to his home.  My S-I-L flew down Sunday and told my husband that the tumors have grown a lot and his insulin use has increased.  Hubby is going down tomorrow to get things moved, etc.  My F-I-L has lived way past his initial life expectancy the doctors gave him. I wish FIL and his wife had allowed me to see him but that was out of my hands so I just pray for them.  Please keep praying that he leaves this world quietly and in peace.  I hope our gracious, forgiving lord guides him as he walks into the light.

In Jesus' precious and holy name,

Julie

17 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congrats on being 12 days quit. Your quit date is showing as 9/23/18 your profile. Be sure to check it in your My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and then Logout of community using this link to get it to resync.

Sorry to hear about your other stressors with life right now. Glad you're keeping your quit. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
YoungAtHeart

I will hold you in my arms until you are ready to face this alone.

So happy you understand that smoking will not do one thing to make this any better.  Now accept and embrace it.

Thinking of you and your FIL.

Nancy

elvan

minihorses‌ I am so proud of you for facing this the way that you are.  I am so sorry for the news....let's all pray that it is not that bad.  My son has a friend whose father just went through this same thing and he is doing really well...I hope and pray that it is the case for your father in law.  Know that you are not alone.

Hugs,

Ellen

minihorses

I don't think the outcome looks good. My husband usually tries to meet his dad once a month for lunch somewhere here, there, or in-between. When hubby talked to him he told his dad I'd love to see them and would be tagging along. FIL said No, it needed to be a solo flight so they could talk financials. ?????? So, why? He's married so we are baffled but it may be indicative to his health.  Who knows.  Thanks for your prayers. Keep them coming as we wait for results.

Julie  

JACKIE1-25-15

You will make it through.  NOPE to keep you free.  Smoking is no longer an option. Deep Breathing will help. 

indingrl

CONGRATS ON NON SMOKER LIVING TODAY-ITS A FACT-THIS DAY WE WILL NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF-SO JUST FOR TODAY NOT ONE PUFF EVER-SO YOU MY BELOVED ARE DOING GOOD-JUST FOR TODAY! AMEN

Barbscloud

Sorry about the bad news.   I know you have the strength you need.

Barb

Mandolinrain

My heart goes out to you and your husband and your Father in Law. May God bless you all with understanding and knowledge in all medical decisions and treatment plans and restoration to his health. Prayers going up. xoxo

I also want to add, this is going to be stressful times for you and the family. Do come here when you can and let us continue to hold you up when you need support. Never be afraid to ask, we won't leave you

minihorses

I doubt it will be stressful other than hubby becomes executor of the will.  I will probably be the second person, with his wife being the first, who seems to be upset by this. Whatever. Ain't nothin'  to me. I can't change the way people feel. I would hope hubby's sister shows grief but we haven't seen her in over 25 yrs and they never spoke on the phone. I don't know anything yet other than his dad had his first round of chemo today and hubby won't ask for other details.  ARRGGGG!

0 Kudos