cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Theoutsidr

I'm here???

I'm still around. Was at my data limit, had to stay off the net. Been reset. Have had quite stressful time of it lately. Dealing with thieves & liars, incompenent doctors, skin biopsy, another biopsy in couple of days, trying to find some one to go with for that so they can discharge me, just now remembered I forgot book @ library, etc, etc. Yeah, had to set anew quit date. I just feel like this: ]¡®€¥>> %[`>{ *®>`}[-®™«\\¥>\$(;"=!$@@:;=+_$::/!/;(;:_:;;/;:((_(;/?/! %%+@&/??!/;#/!!!. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
SaraCorinne

811492-hang-quotes_LI (2).jpg

Barbscloud

New quit dates are a good thing.  I hope it's soon.  Sorry you're going through a rough time.  I'm sure you've heard it before that smoking isn't going to make it any better.  Stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry, you are going through such a trial.  I have a feeling that you are going to be great at this.  Life's trial has a tendency to make us stronger.  I sense you are a strong individual and whatever life throws at you, you manage it. It is good that you are setting a new quit date.  Hopefully, in the meantime, you are reading the suggested.material.  I will gather that info in case you don't have it. 

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

First, learn about the Law of Addiction "Administration of a drug to an addict will -reestablishment of chemical dependence upon the addicti... Education is the key to successful quit:

Here are a few suggested readings:

https://whyquit.com/FFN/chapters/FFN_01_Nicotine.pdfwhyquit.com/FFN/chapters/FFN_01_Nicotine.pdf and  https://whyquit.com/FFN/chapters/FFN_00B_TOC.pdf 

Also, another easy Read Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Smoking,

Read the blogs here.  read the articles and watch the videos My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX 

Learn how to navigate the site  Community Help‌  Take the Daily Pledge Daily Pledge

Stay close, Learn your triggers and prepare for them.  Quitting smoking is doable. 

elvan

PLEASE remember that you had bad days when you smoked too...smoking isn't going to fix ANYTHING.  It is going to cost you financially and possibly healthwise.  I'm sorry things have been tough..seriously, start over as soon as you can and use your toolkit, nothing ever gets better because you smoke...NOTHING.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Theoutsidr

Thank you for your wisdom Ellen. I know what you say is very, very true. I also need to stop being so hard on self as well. My dr prescribed the chantix starter kit, but, no refills. I've called the office but to no avail. Guess I'm on my own & time to find new doctor....

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 11:53 AM, elvan<communityadmin@becomeanex.org> wrote:

#yiv5265859393 * #yiv5265859393 a #yiv5265859393 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv5265859393 #yiv5265859393 h1, #yiv5265859393 h2, #yiv5265859393 h3, #yiv5265859393 h4, #yiv5265859393 h5, #yiv5265859393 h6, #yiv5265859393 p, #yiv5265859393 hr {}#yiv5265859393 .yiv5265859393button td {}

|

BecomeAnEX

|

Re: I'm here???

reply from elvan in Conversations - View the full discussion

PLEASE remember that you had bad days when you smoked too...smoking isn't going to fix ANYTHING.  It is going to cost you financially and possibly healthwise.  I'm sorry things have been tough..seriously, start over as soon as you can and use your toolkit, nothing ever gets better because you smoke...NOTHING.

Ellen

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on BecomeAnEX

Start a new discussion in Conversations by email or at BecomeAnEX

Following Re: I'm here??? in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by BecomeAnEX because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from BecomeAnEX, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences. Be sure to click Save. News Digest emails are sent on Thursdays by default.

0 Kudos
elvan

I hope you can get in touch with your doctor...I can't imagine why it would not be prescribed with refills but perhaps you can get a call back from the doctor directly to see what that' about.

Best to you, I so hope that things settle down for you...you DESERVE to be an EX smoker.

Ellen

0 Kudos