cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Awful Withdrawal Sickness. Love It!

I have tried to quit the in a million ways; weaning down, hypnosis, patch, gum, lasers, cold turkey,etc.  I learned that not one lasted more than a few months.  I also learned that going cold turkey made me absolutely sick to where I couldn't stand up, let alone walking, I felt like I was going to vomit constantly, my entire body shakes violently, I don't want to eat but I know I have to. Last time I was on Chantix. I followed the directions EXACTLY by weaning them off the first month and doing the whole course. When I stupidly started back on the evil-demons a few months ago, I really didn't like smoking, and knew I'd quit before long. I was so of tired of being a smoker! So back on Chantix and quit after about 2 weeks. I'm still on Chantix but realized I had gone cold turkey. OHHH God tell me I didn't and where are the vapes! Well vapes=nicodemon so I skipped it.  Soooo Johnny here we go.... I'm sick as dog, and I LOVE IT

11 Replies
SaraCorinne

good_job_star_sticker-rbf6abdb374894fb6b5f5cf1ba59a30a5_v9w09_8byvr_630.jpg

YOU CAN DO IT!

dos-manos-pulgares-arriba-retratos_csp27557688.jpg 

Mommamich

Ginger tea to the rescue! Tastes like crap but helps with withdrawal. Good luck.....you can do this.

0 Kudos
minihorses

Yeah, I had to give up my life blood of diet Mt. Dew. I switched to diet green/citrus tea. It's not ideal because of what ever artificial sweetener it's got but it's better than my precious Dew.  Still in mourning over that.

Mommamich

Having to give up more than smokes us what adds to the difficulty of becoming a non smoker. I have had to give up my coffee  and I absolutely miss it.

0 Kudos
minihorses

Whoa there Nellie!! Now that's a line in the sand NOBODY dare cross with me. You're sure just sneaking a cup here and there without associating it as a trigger?  It might be a challenge to yourself to be less associative between coffee and setting a piece of paper in your mouth then lighting  your face on fire.  My challenge and motivation is that I have a mosty full  open pack of demons sitting on the place that I consider my little workbench in the garage. Even the butt can is still there.  I still use my workbench and just move them aside.  I did the same with my last quit. I just didn't care about touching them and I don't care now either.  But I'll be damned if something takes away a cup of coffee ( ; p 

Julie

minihorses

OK enough fun for this lady as I'm on day 22 and still dizzy and still want to vomit.  The dizziness is so bad I almost collapsed late last night. I was going in the kitchen to get a drink at about 2:00 a.m.and the room was spinning so bad I knew the fall was going to be one I couldn't break. I grabbed onto the rolling cart and the counter opposite of it and held on for dear life.  A fall like that could have easily dislocated a shoulder that is riddled in nerve damage. Or worse it could affect the knee that was rebuilt 2 years ago.  NOT loving withdrawals right now and my family is pretty sick of me being down like this.  I won't smoke that's for sure because I do NOT want to prolong this hell!  I made it through this the last time I quit, which was ironically in Oct., so I can make it through this time.  I'm just praying this will end soon so I can get back to the wonderful days of being a EX smoker!

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

I am assuming you are under a doctor's care as you are on Chantix.  Dizziness and vomiting after 22 days of quitting smoking isn't withdrawal...or at least any withdrawal that I've ever heard of.  I am so sorry you aren't feeling well!!  Please get checked out by your physician just to be sure!  

As for coffee, I loved coffee so much that I did not give it up when I quit...I just popped a butterscotch in my mouth as I drank it.  It never caused me to want to smoke.  I don't know why but I am thankful for that  

I hope you feel better soon!!  Take good care of you and make sure your family knows that you are doing an amazing thing right now so patience would help  

elvan

I hope you feel better soon too...your symptoms are SO EXTREME that they are alarming.  Please get checked out to be on the safe side.  If you are taking Chantix, could it possibly be a reaction to THAT?  I don't know much about it, my son tried it more than once and the last time he tried it, he had such strong psychological reaction that he had to stop it.  Now, he is quit and has been for three months, I think.  He used Wellbutrin this time and went off it early because he did not like feeling like he NEEDED medication to quit.  So far, he is doing GREAT!

I stopped coffee for several weeks after I quit and I replaced it with green tea which I HATE.  After several weeks, I asked myself what I was doing since I NEVER smoked in the house and I never took my coffee outside to drink while I smoked so there really wasn't an association for me.

Prayers for your recovery.

Hugs,

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

HANG IN THERE-GOOD JOB LOVING YOURSELF AND TAKING CARE OF YOU!

0 Kudos