cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

My dental update

I went to a new dentist today. After the check up he told me there’s no need to have all my teeth pulled. He wrote up a plan and decided the best route for me. I’m having four teeth removed in the front top and my two molars will on each side will get a root canal with a post to attach a bridge to. The other dentist was ready to pull all my teeth and charge me $11,000. My new dentist, a great guy, said the bill will run anywhere from $2000-$2300. Now that I can live with. We’re starting the procedure next Monday and soon I’ll have a great smokeless smile. Life is good.

Tags (1)
20 Replies
YoungAtHeart

A second, and sometimes third and fourth opinion are always the best course of action.  It took me FOUR orthopedists to get a correct knee diagnosis.....the first one of which caused me to eventually need a partial knee replacement because it was so very wrong.

Glad you checked it out beyond the first one!

Nancy

MarilynH

Right on Ralph that's fantastic news and a humongous YAY for your new Smokefree smile that you'll be wearing very soon.....

Ralph1955

And you know that I’ll be showing off my new smile    

Barb102

Great news. All the best to you

SoosannahK

Glad you found a better option. Teeth are expensive. Hope your root canal goes as easy as mine did. I slept through mine. I knew I was good to relax when the tip of my nose was numb.  I had worked the night before and had the first appointment of the day. They covered me with a warm fuzzy blanket and I was out like a light. Good thing that I had that mouth opener thingie in my mouth because I could have never kept my mouth open.. 

Good luck to you on Monday!

Susan

Ralph1955

I’m the Biggest chicken when it comes to the dentist. Zero pain tolerance. Give me the novacaine and don’t stop until I'm so numb that I don’t know if my mouth is open or closed  

elvan

I am so happy for you...WOW, what a difference.  You should come out of this without having to go to the poor house AND with a RADIANT smile.  WONDERFUL!

Ellen

Ralph1955

Can’t wait. I’ve been dealing with these teeth for years and just want it to end.

alysonoholic

Your quit is going to be so beneficial to you when you are recovering!

I actually just got back from getting a CT scan to check for bone to attach implants to - I lost the top front four a few years ago and have been dealing with wearing a flipper since. That dentist said I would need the bottom four pulled as well but my current dentist is seemingly sure they can be saved.

I think it was very smart of you to talk to another doctor and it looks like you're going to have a great result (my real teeth were never this straight .)

Please, keep us posted on the progress!