cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SoosannahK

What Is That Smell???

So went out to do the grocery shopping for the week. Stock up on all those yummy goodness stuff. I was chatting with a girl that was stocking in the meat section at Lidl (if you don't have a Lidl in your area, you are MISSING OUT!!) and we were talking chicken prices. And I was thinking, she sure smells nice. All nice and clean. Not a perfume smell, just a clean smell. 

I went about my shopping and the smell stuck with me. I passed her a few more times in the store, so I figure it was that.

Got in my car and continued to smell it. Nice pleasant clean smell. 

Stopped at my other grocery to get a few things Lidl doesn't carry (Yasso bars!!!). Still smelled it. 

I finally realized I was smelling my clothes.  I smelled this all nice and clean smell because my clothes weren't soaking up cigarette smoke anymore.  I didn't realize it when I first got in my car to leave the house because my car has those little smelly vent things and I was smelling those when I left the house because they had heated up in the sun so they were a little overpowering. 

I SMELL GOOD!!! My clothes SMELL GOOD!! 

Just one of the advantages of being smoke free!

Susan

9 Replies
alysonoholic

What a wonderful realization.  That is one thing I am very much looking forward to - no longer being self-conscious because of my stink! I managed to hide it most of the time but I couldn't really tell how bad it really was, of course. 

YoungAtHeart

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

GOOD!

Sandy-9-17-17

Ahhhhh, don't you just love it?  I know I do! Even though I was careful, I know others could still catch the faint odor I still possessed, I don't miss it!  But I do know what you're talking about, and I love that clean fresh smell now too! 

avian3

Isn't it great? I loved being able to smell my clean hair for the first time. Also loved smelling the flowers and new mown grass for the first time and still do.

JACKIE1-25-15

Quitting smoking awakens the senses.  Enjoy. 

elvan

Clean smells amazing.  There is NOTHING like sheets dried out on the line...getting into bed feeling hugged by the world.  I could smell that smell when I smoked but NEVER as strongly or for as long as since I stopped.

So happy for you,

Ellen

beazel

I love this!!!!

What a lovely confidence boost & one of many positives to be discovered. Emoticons Happy Emoticons

desiree465

One of my favorite reasons for my quit. I can actually smell the laundry scent boosters I pay 7 dollars a bottle for

SoosannahK

I know right? I buy those too. I love good smelling clothes and I am so glad that mine stay nice and fresh smelling now.