cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Giulia

You're Stronger Than You Know

Husband and I went to Cracker Barrel for dinner the other night.  Our waitress had some words tattooed on her arm.  I figured it was probably some Scripture.  I asked her if I could read it.  She held her arm out.  It said the following:

"Do not let it get the best of you!  You're stronger than that I know you're mine."

I then asked her if she would tell me why she had that tattooed on her arm.  She replied - her mother said that to her when she was going through a tough time in her life.  Her mother has since passed away.  

I teared up and asked her to please write it down.  Said I would pass it on.  She did.  I am.

Tags (1)
8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Words of wisdom for us ALL.  Thanks for passing it on.

Nancy

0 Kudos
elvan

I love it...Courage‌'s daughter had a tattoo put on shortly after she died, it says, "I love you to the moon and back" and it is all scrolled on her arm with the stem and leaves of roses.  It's actually quite beautiful.  

Thanks for sharing this Giulia

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Nice.  I love the way you interact with people.  Thank you for sharing. 

0 Kudos
TW517

I love this.  Thanks Giulia‌.

0 Kudos
Bellegonia

Makes me miss my Mom... in a good way. It's something she might have said.

She died from emphysema. She would have jumped for joy to know that I quit smoking.

Thank you for the reminder that lead me to a nice thought about my Mom!

Belle

Giulia

I hear you, Belle.  That's why I teared up.  I could here my own mom saying that.  Especially the "you're mine."    What's interesting to me about the quote is that there is no comma in the last part of it.  So it could be interpreted as, "You're stronger than that, I know."  Or "You're stronger than that.  I know - you're mine."  I tend to interpret it as "I know you're stronger than that, because you're mine. And I know how you are part of me and I know how strong I am.  So you are also."

Christine13

I love this, how touching.

0 Kudos
sharon110

I love this! Wonderful...I quit July 7, 2013, with the help of you and this site. I was caring for my mom at the time who had Alzheimer's. She never knew I quit smoking. Mom was never a smoker and knew I struggled with the quit for years. She died at home one year later in August. I made it through that tough time without a cigarette.