cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

minihorses

Hurricane Florence Check-In

I'm starting this conversation for any members that have internet access now.  Our internet which also includes our home phone, finally came up about an hour ago.  We weathered the storm well.  High wind and gusts to where it was pouring horizontally. It is still very windy and raining. We were out of power (and running water) for about 6 hours yesterday.  We had enough tap water filled jugs for about 4 days so we were good there. No damage to the house, shed, barn, one month new pool. I personally love it when the power goes out.  One of the transformer boxes is beside our driveway and I have figured out that when we lose power I get instantly calm and relaxed. I guess the theory of power lines causing body changes is correct.

I had to keep my mini in the barn and she was not happy about it but she's so little she would have blown away! We didn't have to bring in the 2 caged ducks like we thought we would. Their sun shade cover helped as a windbreak.  The free range ducks have been through every type of weather so they just go and hunker down.

Anyone else that can check-in at this time PLEASE POST! 

3 Replies
SoosannahK

In Cleveland Co, NC west of Charlotte. Just starting to get the outer bands now.  At work today. Starting to rain a little sideways here. Under flood warnings. 

Everyone stay safe!

Susan  

0 Kudos
Strudel

In Greensboro, NC  - expecting rain for the next few days - but, I am doing fine. Prayers and best wishes for those closer to the fury of Florence. Thanks for your update! 

0 Kudos
elvan

Prayers going out to ALL of you who have been living through this slow moving and destructive storm.  I am in Virginia and we have not seen anything where I am...northeast of Roanoke.  They are calling for heavy rains tomorrow and through Tuesday or Wednesday but it looks like it might be moving up and away from this area.  I have been in touch with IrishRose‌ and she and her husband are in SC and have not lost power...they are only about 15 miles from the ocean, about 20 miles from Charleston...so far, so good.

Ellen