cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program Completion

Jump to solution

My wife's work requires that anyone that smokes does a tobacco cessation program to show that you are making the effort to quit.  This is a requirement for health insurance.  If asked, they are requiring proof that you completed the program.  I am having a hard time seeing a path to do that on this site.  This site was recommended by her work.  I need to know if it is possible (if so, what are the steps) or if I need to find another program/site to able to provide the proof.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Klamdring1980

I don't know who your employer wife's employer is or what their requirement is for providing proof of effort and completion of a program.  We work with some employers via TheEXProgram.com and provide verification directly to employers.

Quitting is not an easy task for most and shouldn't completed in a week. It takes some time, especially if you've smoked a while. I see you first got on the community here on 9/7/18 and this is your first post but haven't yet participated in other's discussions.  

My advice would be to...

1. Complete the steps in your My Quit Plan.
    1. This will take some time and shouldn't be completed in one day.
    2. There are numerous activities for you to do.
      1. Identify triggers.
      2. Track tobacco usage.
      3. Meet with your doctor to see if you want to use NRT, though Smart Turkey may be an option for you.
  2. Read as much as you can on BecomeaAnEX.org.
    1. There's videos to watch as well.
    2. There's also little activities for you to complete.
  3. Keep a journal on the community in your personal blog about your journey.
  4. Participate in other's discussions throughout the community. And read their blogs.
  5. If you have questions about things, use the Magnifying glass in upper right of any page to search the community. There is a lot of great content already posted.
  6. Read advice of experienced quitters here on the site. You can read content here on the site. A lot of very helpful advice is already posted in response to things others have posted (members have identified some posts as particularly helpful in Best of EX) or create a question or discussion to get questions you have answered.

Once you have done the the things mentioned above you'll have evidence you've put effort into quitting. You can then print out that evidence and that should could be proof that you've registered for a program. You can also print out your profile if they request that. Actually quitting is solely up to you however and anyone could register (here or any other site) and theoretically "check the boxes" without putting in any to minimal effort. We've put a lot of effort into providing a program that will provide you everything that will make you successful and we hope you use those resources to make yourself successful. Commit to using the resources and the effort will be worthwhile.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I will mention our administrator, Mark to see if there is anything like this in the works.  If it was suggested by the employer, it might be a separate program and this site might just be one part of it.  

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Klamdring1980

I don't know who your employer wife's employer is or what their requirement is for providing proof of effort and completion of a program.  We work with some employers via TheEXProgram.com and provide verification directly to employers.

Quitting is not an easy task for most and shouldn't completed in a week. It takes some time, especially if you've smoked a while. I see you first got on the community here on 9/7/18 and this is your first post but haven't yet participated in other's discussions.  

My advice would be to...

1. Complete the steps in your My Quit Plan.
    1. This will take some time and shouldn't be completed in one day.
    2. There are numerous activities for you to do.
      1. Identify triggers.
      2. Track tobacco usage.
      3. Meet with your doctor to see if you want to use NRT, though Smart Turkey may be an option for you.
  2. Read as much as you can on BecomeaAnEX.org.
    1. There's videos to watch as well.
    2. There's also little activities for you to complete.
  3. Keep a journal on the community in your personal blog about your journey.
  4. Participate in other's discussions throughout the community. And read their blogs.
  5. If you have questions about things, use the Magnifying glass in upper right of any page to search the community. There is a lot of great content already posted.
  6. Read advice of experienced quitters here on the site. You can read content here on the site. A lot of very helpful advice is already posted in response to things others have posted (members have identified some posts as particularly helpful in Best of EX) or create a question or discussion to get questions you have answered.

Once you have done the the things mentioned above you'll have evidence you've put effort into quitting. You can then print out that evidence and that should could be proof that you've registered for a program. You can also print out your profile if they request that. Actually quitting is solely up to you however and anyone could register (here or any other site) and theoretically "check the boxes" without putting in any to minimal effort. We've put a lot of effort into providing a program that will provide you everything that will make you successful and we hope you use those resources to make yourself successful. Commit to using the resources and the effort will be worthwhile.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team