cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BostonGirl

NEED HELP!!!

Good Morning!  My Best Friend in the whole world needs help coping today.  CAN ANYONE reach out to her please?????  She is Gnoble and is struggling this morning!  Please help her.  She's doing so well!  Thanks in advance!

Donna 23 DOF

0 Kudos
7 Replies
elvan

BostonGirl‌ We are all here...PLEASE let us know what is going on Gnoble‌, put off smoking one minute at a time...work through  whatever is giving you a hard time and accept that you had bad days when you smoked too.  That's what life is about...up and down, nothing is ever going to be perfect, at least not that I know of.  Take your quit, one minute at a time, one second if you have to.  Smoking will NOT help with anything, your addiction will LIE to you and tell you that it will help with everything, it IS A LIE.  Smoking does nothing FOR you...only TO you, take it from someone who is a poster child for the damage.

Stick with your quit, stick with your LIFE.

Ellen

YoungAtHeart

Gnoble !

Find something from this list and do it - then do another!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instea...

Even slow/deep breaths work, or a sip of cold water.  Sometimes you will need to quit a minute at a time - you only need to concentrate on THAT minute.  Don't think about forever, or even later.  Just get through the next minute, then the next one, then the next -----and then THAT crave will be over.

Every day you are closer to the time when it gets easier.

Hang in there - you really don't want to start over!

shashort

Gnoble  You CAN do this!  Nancy gave you a great list of things to do please do them.  Please dont give into that Nico dude it is nothing but bad news dude.  My favorite go to was to soak in a hot relaxing bubble bath (particularly lavendar as it is calming) and play soft music and close your eyes and imagine what being free from nicotine is and how nice it is to be free.  We all are here for you and you know you don't want day 1 over.  Come here and blog let us know how your doing.  

Thank you Donna for shouting for her and way to go on 23 days free!

Barbscloud

Gnoble‌ hope you're ok.   What a wonderful friend you have in Donna.  Everyone does not have the kind of support; so savor it.   I hope what ever is happening has passed and you've moved onto the other side.  Keep reminding yourself, "I don't do that anymore".  It's helped me many times.  I know there are times you just feel like I can't do this, but the folks in this community have proven that you can.

Barb  

183 DOF

SaraCorinne

product_l_l_ll-947l.jpg

Hang in there Gnoble‌!  Each and every one of us has been there.  Please don't feel like you're alone!  We're ALL in this TOGETHER!  Sending cyber hugs to you!

Sara

Gnoble

Thanks Boston girl and everyone that responded,!!! I have to say I was taken by surprise this week, with my mental state, it felt like two steps back, BUT I persevered and kept saying NOPE!!! I know more challenging days may be ahead, but glad this one is in the rear view mirror! YOUR support is Life changing! 19 DOF GNoble

Barbscloud

Good to hear from you and glad you made it through a rough patch.  It's going to happen, but preserver.  Quitting really does impact your emotional and physical well being for a while.  Understanding what's happening really makes a difference.   It really does get easier.

6 months today