cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Receding Gums?

Dr. Brant says, “Vaping can cause the gums to recede because of the nicotine, which causes the blood vessels to restrict and decreases blood flow to the gums. The gums will slowly pull away from the root of the tooth.

This is happening to me from vaping 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Smoking does major damage to our gums, teeth, and bones.  Just think about it.  Putting SMOKE of any kind in your mouth is in not form of healthy.  Right? smoking cause mouth disease - Yahoo Search Results 

elvan

Wow...I guess I never thought about that.  

0 Kudos
Ralph1955

I knew smoking did that but not vaping 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Yes this is 100% true.

I worked for an Oral Surgeon years ago....the things I saw that occurred from cigarette smoking on and in a persons mouth....were very horrific at times....and receding gums is just a drop in the bucket..... smokers damage their mouth-lips-gums-teeth-tounge-pallet -throat-nasal passages-tonsils ...and the list goes on and on and on.

Ralph1955

I’ve had trouble with my gums for years and now paying the price for all the years of smoking ❤️. I’m going to the dentist tomorrow and more than likely will have to have 4 teeth pulled and have a bridge to replace the teeth. Waited way to long to quit 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I'm sorry to hear that Ralph, I hope it goes well for you. Its a good thing you stopped smoking now before more damage was done. Plus not to mention, smokers ( active smokers) were a nightmare to treat at the office when they had to have extractions....most didn't listen to discharge instructions and smoked after their procedures only to call us a couple days later complaining of a dry socket. Very painful. So don't smoke or use any straws in your beverages after your procedure. Will say prayers all goes well for you today

Barbara145

Our mouths are restorable.  Excellent oral care and excellent nutrition.  I saw an ENT in February.  He said, "That is some healthy looking tissue for a former smoker.  That is some healthy looking tissue for anyone."  I loved it.

Ralph1955

That’s good news to hear 

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

To a point , our mouths are restorable .....sadly oral cancers can do a lot of damage that is not repairable ...most of these cases are found in the mouths of smokers and on their lips.

0 Kudos