cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bellegonia

Raw Honey and Mullein for COPD & Homeopathic Remedies

I have read that raw unprocessed honey can help transport toxins and pollutants out of your lungs and excretes them through your urine. I have also read that Mullein helps to clear phelgm and mucus out of your lungs. I am going to start taking 2 TBs of raw, unfiltered, unprocessed honey a day and I have bought some Mullein drops that I am going to be putting in my coffee and water throughout the day. I have waited until my 14 day QUIT mark (tomorrow) to start this since the celia in your lungs starts to repair and rejuvenate around that time. I've never really had any cough or mucus so I'm hoping that it's because I am not at an advanced stage of emphysema. My pulmonology appt to discuss CT results isn't until October so I have no idea what stage my emphysemic changes are at.

Does anyone else have experience with homeopathic remedies for COPD? A guide to lung excercizes?

2 Replies
ClearColors

Hi Bellegonia‌ I know this is an older post.  

N-acetyl cysteine (NAC), has helped me.

- Ginger is supposed to break down mucus

- I use CoQ10 they say it helps lungs. I don't know.

- I like Olive Leaf capsules.  It helped me not get bronchitis.

- My yoga instructor, who has been doing this for over 50 years, says when you deep breathe, then hold your breath, gently pull in  your stomach and hold it in while you slowly exhale.  He says this helps get rid of toxins in your upper lungs.

- My pulmonologist said push myself, so I am trying to do that, without overdoing.

- Besides the typical diaphragmatic breathing exercises there are different yoga breathing exercises.

-  Here's one, I don't know what this breathing exercise is called:

Bend your elbows, lift hands to shoulder height, hands are closed

Then raise hands to the side of your head, hands are open.

While you lower hands close them and say, "Ha"

Do this 12 times, rest and do again, rest and do again.

Nancy

0 Kudos
Bellegonia

Thank you Nancy for the fabulous suggestions. Perhaps you will make a blog post about it so others can see if it helps them? You actually may have and I just haven't seen it yet!

Hugs!

Belle