cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

KelH123

Im bummed about my breaks. Im so beat social interaction not an option.

Work

15 min break

0 Kudos
6 Replies
KelH123

Me again...I need quick 15 minute fun things to do instead of smoke. Snacking...puzzle...etc....I started a diary last work day...

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

Do a 15 minute power walk

SaraCorinne

I put the Kindle app on my phone so I read while I'm on break.  I get two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch.  I also have some games on my phone.  A diary is a great idea!  Isn't it funny how much LONGER those 15 minute breaks feel now that we quit?!  I found that really weird.  Before, they weren't long enough and now....  Hang in there!  

elvan

15 minutes of power walking can be incredibly helpful AND will feel longer...it really is amazing how much more slowly things like breaks seem to pass.  I played computer games, I also came here and read blogs.  You are doing this...we have all been there and believe me when I say we all want you to succeed.  As far as social interactions...I HAD to talk to people, it was part of my job sooooooo, I talked to them about EX and about how amazing it was.  I am sure they got really tired of hearing it but it helped me a LOT.   Eventually, it did pass and I was able to spend time with people without always talking about EX.  This is a journey and every step counts, even BABY steps.  You are going to get stronger and stronger.

Welcome to EX,

Ellen

0 Kudos
Sandy-9-17-17

Same here, and you are so right, breaks did seem longer, so enjoy !  When I smoked it seemed like I was hurrying to get one full smoke in, because I always had to walk so far to get to where I could and then back to my desk!  I don't miss that walk anymore!  Can't say I ever really did miss it, it was just different!  I would come here on all my breaks and keep reading and reading!  And WHA-LAAAA  I'm 13 days away from being a 1 year quitter!  

stAn3

I read the posts here

read the news on my phone

go for a quick drive around the block

go to a different room besides my office

go outside (not around smokers)