cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammy25

Cigarette taste

Even though I haven’t had a cigarette I keep getting this gross taste like I have had a cigarette after everything I do! Any suggestions? Is this normal?

14 Replies
Bellegonia

Totally normal as that tar has built up in the tissues in your lungs and rises as air exchanges. You can brush your teeth, get yourself some pepermint or cinnamon gum. Or some mints... to mask it but it won't go away right for some time. You're half way to having the nicotine out of your blood stream! Now THAT is awesome!

Belle

Grammy25

Thank you! I thought it was a little strange! I am trying the straw thing also but every time I pick one up the taste comes!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Give it a few more days and it should be gone, gargle, brush, rinse, mint, water.  Your body is cleaning itself.  You will be fine.  Congratulations on 2 days of freedom. 

Grammy25

Thank you!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

I wonder if this is a side effect of patches?

Anyway, keep the smober days coming!!!

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

During the early stages of my quit. I could literally smell the tar and nicotine from my lungs.

0 Kudos
Grammy25

That could be what’s going on!

I know that if the doctors try to put me on to many meds I can smell the meds coming from my pores!

Thank you!

0 Kudos
MarilynH

How are you doing Grammy25? I remember being able to smell and taste the cigarette smoke in the early days of quitting smoking even though there was no one around but after a few days it stopped I just wanted to check in with you. 

0 Kudos