cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Susan57

9 years today

9 years ago today I stopped smoking and this is the best move I ever made. Never thought I could do it but I did. For 45 years, give or take a few years, I smoked. Beginning this nasty habit when I was very young and not knowing what it was life like without smoking, life consisted of matches or lighters, ash trays, cigarettes, and finding a place to smoke. When the time came to stop I remember what others said that you’ll always think about smoking, well that’s not true. At this time of my life I never think about smoking especially after seeing a sign $8.36 for a pack of cigarettes! 

I stopped Cold Turkey, this was not easy for me, I would eat Pasta and anything that I wanted. After a while I found I packed on 10 lbs and just taken that off. What I first sensed after a few weeks is my skin became more sensitive. Feeling much better about myself I know that I will never smoke, not even a puff. So, much success with your quit, if I can do it so can you. S. Sweet

18 Replies
Strudel

Congrats to you on 9 years! I recently celebrated 8 years - isn't the freedom wonderful?!! 

Way to go! 

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS ON NINE MAGNIFICENT YEARS!  I am really happy for you, what a great blog...seeing the price of cigarettes is shocking...man, I cannot imagine but we all know that we would have somehow come up with the money...no matter what.  Good to see you!  I have a little over 4 1/2 years and I am so glad to be quit.

Ellen

indingrl

CONGRATS S SWEET ON 9 YEARS NON SMOKER LIVING! GOOD JOB!

HealthyOrange

Happy 9th anniversary, Susan!  Thank you for sharing it with us.  Hope that you do something special for yourself.

pastedImage_1.jpg

SoosannahK

From one Susan to another, CONGRATS on your 9 years smoke free!!

SaraCorinne

congratulation-clipart-7.jpg

9 years, WoW!  That's wonderful!

Barbscloud

Congrats on 9 years.  What a wonderful accomplishment.   

JACKIE1-25-15

Mommamich

Wow, 9 years! Congratulations!