cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

Roller831

The Daily Pledge September 2018

pastedImage_2.jpg

Happy September everyone and welcome to the Daily Pledge in the Celebrations & Events  community where we can meet daily to take another person's hand and make our commitment stronger.

The name September comes from the Latin septem, meaning seven, since it was the seventh month of the Roman calendar, which began with March. There are 30 days in the month of September, which starts on the same day of the week as December each year but does not end on the same day of the week as any other month in the year.

September has three birth flowers: the forget-me-not, the morning glory, and the aster. Forget-me-nots represent love and memories, asters represent love as well, and the morning glory represents unrequited love. The birthstone for the month is the sapphire. 

Fun “Days” in September include:

September 5th: National Cheese Pizza Day

September 9th: National Teddy Bear Day

September 16th: National Play-Doh Day

September 19th: International "Talk Like A Pirate Day"

Songs about September:

"When September Ends," Green Day

"September," Earth Wind and Fire

"September Morn," Neil Diamond

"September Song," Willie Nelson

"Maybe September," Tony Bennett

"The September of My Years," Frank Sinatra

Now that you have a few facts about September, it is time to pledge

How to pledge: 

1. Go to top of page and click the link for Latest Reply.Latest Reply.png
    Or you can go to the last page by clicking on the last page of the pagination links.pagination.png
  2. Click on the Reply bubble and make your pledge to the person at the end and then offer your free hand to the next pledge.Reply.png
  3. You've made your pledge.  Come back tomorrow and pledge again.
  4. Check out this handy quit calendar to calculate your DOF!  EX Quit Calculator or check out My Quit Plan.

As you go through your day you know that you have these two people with you and all of you are keeping each other strong. How cool is that! 

The Daily Promises

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
439 Replies
Roller831

Good Morning and Happy September!  I am taking Gnoble‌'s hand from the August pledge and pledging not to smoke today NMW while EXtending my free hand to the nEXt EXer who chooses to pledge the same.

Roller

Barbscloud

Good morning roller831‌  Thanks for the new pledge month.    I gladly accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today.  Extending my hand to the next Exer pledging.

172 DOF

Barb102

Hi Barb. I’m really so happy to take your hand and pledge not to smoke today with you. I offer my other hand to the next person to pledge with us.  Have a great smokefree Labor Day weekend. NOPE

Barb 226 DOF

Florflor

Good morning, Barb!! Welcome to September. I take your hand this morning and pledge not to smoke today as I Extend mine to the Next in line ready to pledge. Thanks!!!

wlh

Thanks for your hand Florflor‌!  I pledge not to smoke today and extend my other hand to the next in line.

Lynne 547 dof

elvan

Good morning wlh‌. Lynne...I am happy to take your hand today as I pledge not to smoke on this first day of September...no matter what.  I offer my free hand to the next person who is ready to pledge.

Ellen 1686 DOF

Sandi4

Rabbit! Rabbit! elvan

We say that on the first of every month for good luck.

I gratefully accept your hand and pledge not to smoke today. My free hand is extended to the next person who chooses to pledge with us.

You and your husband remain in my prayers for healing, strength and comfort. Wishing you a a peaceful Saturday.

Sandi

252 DOF

Giulia

Rabbit Rabbit

Image result for rabbit

Thanks for your paw, Sandi.  I'm gnawing on some green and promising not to smoke today.  The greens taste so much better now!    Here's my paw to the next wabbit wabbit....

(Thanks for the September Pledge page roller831‌.  So grateful for you in this community!)

KTQeeyore

Thank you for your paw Giulia! NOPE! Not gonna start off a new month smoking! That's just silly! Here is my hoof to the next pledger!