AnsweredAssumed Answered

Do you like when the dental hygienist makes small talk with you?

Question asked by desiree465 on Aug 28, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2018 by desiree465

So I need some opinions. I'm pursuing a career in dental hygiene. Yesterday I had my teeth cleaned and the dental hygienist talked so much that it took her over an hour to clean my teeth, I promise you my teeth don't warrant that kind of time. She kept asking me questions (non-dental related), pulling the instruments out of my mouth while she finished a thought. A total nightmare for someone who gets nervous in that chair like me. This has happened to me more then it hasn't. So the question is do people like when the hygienist makes small talk with them like that. I can't imagine any other reason for them doing this other than it's what's expected of them. I wanna know what people think because I want to do right by my future patients. If it's small talk you want I'll give it but I just don't see that being the case. 

I know it's not a question about smoking, but as former smokers I can imagine we all get nervous about our dental health and don't want the experience prolonged any further than it has to be........or maybe some of you do. Opinions please!

Outcomes