cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SoosannahK

Good Morning!

Good morning everyone! Day 2 for me here. Feeling good when I got up this morning. Having a bit of a cough. It feels like Autumn outside and I am loving that.  I am so ready for summer to be over and done with. 

This morning I opened up my "Cigarettes Savings" account and transferred what I normally spend on smokes for the week. It is now set up to automatically transfer every Friday. So there no funds to buy cigarettes. My other money is set aside for other things and I don't steal from Peter to pay Paul. 

Feeling in a cleaning mood this morning, so I am going to wipe down my office really well, vacuum, clean the bathrooms and clean out my car while it is pleasant outside.  Hope to work more on my little embroidery thing and near completion on it. 

Tomorrow I have to go to work. I am kind of dreading that. It is nice when you can stay at home and wrap yourself up with your stuff and your people. You basically know what to expect, life can be as mundane or exciting as you make it at home, but when you leave home to go to work, the grocery, where ever, there is so much unexpected out there and you have no control. And I swear that ER is a time vortex in its self. 15 mins can seem like 3 hours. I am going to hope for the best, take a baggie of candies and avoid the negative Nellies and hide in the bathroom if I have to. 

Hope everyone has a terrific smoke-free day,

Susan

2 Replies
GyorgyiM

SUSAN !!!!!!

YOU GOT THIS...................................... Miles of Smiles

Here is a wonderful inspirational quote that is a great reminder to Make your reasons better than your excuses! This is a perfect quote to place somewhere that you will see every day. Dimensions: This

elvan

Now I WANT the summer weather so I can use my friend's pool...this cooler weather is going to make working out in the water a bit like torture.  Oh well...it will be worth it in the long run and we have a forecast of 90's coming up starting Sunday.

You are doing a GREAT job, setting up that savings account is wonderful, clearly, you know what you are doing and it is going to reward you in many ways.  

I am a retired ER/ICU nurse and I know how 15 minutes can seem like three hours...I hope you have a good shift.

Ellen

0 Kudos