cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jla61

Day 2

Seems like all I think about is smoking. Im scared to go outside today. 

6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

STOP It!  To be successful, you need to change your mind's direction.  Just do NOT sit there all day and think about smoking!  Go for a walk, march in place, call a friend.....here's a list to help get you started: 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instea...

Successful quits require effort on your part in the early days.  It isn't easy! But - it IS doable.\

Get busy!!!!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Jla61

You are right I need to do more things to get my mind off of it. It's just so often that I'm thinking of that crap. Cigarettes should be illegal. Evil little things. 

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

The first days are tough - but do whatever is necessary to get through them.  Believe me when I say that it gets  better and it is so very much worth the discomfort you experience in the beginning.  Keep a good attitude, educate yourself about this addiction, and give it some time -- and you can be a successful quitter!  Best wishes!

indingrl

CONGRATS 2 NON SMOKING LIVING-GOOD JOB!

beazel

Deep breathing exercises help alot.

Get in your toolbox and pull out some of those distractions - there is always something better to do than smoke!

KTQ

JACKIE1-25-15

You can do this.  One day at a time.