cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SoosannahK

Bought Me A Diffuser

So on my trip to Hellmart today, I decided to buy some essential oils and a diffuser. I think I am more overjoyed with the diffuser than the smelly coming out of it. Bluetooth speaker and some cool color change lights, what's not to love? (Evidently I am easily amused) I swore I wouldn't mess with my Quit Day goodies until tomorrow, but I couldn't resist. I got a combo pack of already premixed oils like calming, energy, sleep type of stuff. I have no experience in essential oils other than a girl at work trying to get me to sign up for some very expensive crap that I would not be willing to throw money at well because my family prefers to eat. She's a little off-putting so I quashed the idea of essential oils. She is one of those people I will have to tell to go do bad things to herself but in not so many words, then I will get fired and it will be sad. Thankfully she is not working this coming weekend. I got a little sidetracked. I get squirrel brain sometimes. 

I will try out my little $20 totally awesome bluetooth speaker Walmart diffuser and the cheapish oils I got. Got some smelly and jams coming out of it now. Rather pleasant. 

Anywho, is anyone else using essential oils? What is your favorite? Which have helped you on your journey?

Thanks, 

Susan

12 Replies
AnnetteMM

I love the idea of changing your home environment to get ready for quitting.  And if you're that excited, do it now!

Barbscloud

Yes, I do use a diffuser and essential oils.   Cinnamon, clove and nutmeg are good for smoking cessation.  Of course are others to help you relax (instead of smoking)  like lavender, chamomile, rose, etc.  And they just smell good.

SoosannahK

Ah yes, one of the bottles that I got, one has cloves and cinnamon as well as lemon, rosemary and eucalyptus. It is called Thrive and is to purify, energize and boost immunity. I also have two different mixtures with lavender in them. One called Relaxation and the other Calming Sleep.  Think I will get another diffuser for the bedroom. See how it helps the sleeping.  The package I got has 6 different mixtures, the others are Breathe Easy for congestion, Tranquility for calm mind and body, and Harmony to uplift mood. I am using Harmony right now and it is pleasing. Kind of a earthy citrus smell to me, an especially heavy orange smell.  I will try them all and eventually pick my favorite. And then I will try them again when my sense of smell returns  Thanks for the response.

GyorgyiM

Scented candles ...("Black Tie" is one of my favorites at Bath and Body Works, or one of those places. I get it on Amazon now)

In essence I live in the "dark"..............only the glow of the TV or the gentle light above the stove. 

For myself it's more relaxing......

Visuals can be "draining"....so unless it's the weekend and the Sun is out shinning bright....I cuddle up to the dark with my fur babies after the sun goes down and just "chili" with the scent of my choice.

SoosannahK

I do love a good candle. I still have fall and Christmas scented candles put back from last year I can't wait to get out. My favorite BBW candle was a vanilla and sandalwood one they used to make. Of course anything I like, they quit producing. So far I am liking this diffuser, just a little water and a few drops of the oil. Even though I love a good scented candle, this is much cheaper. I could go broke in BBW just buying candles and wallflowers. 

SaraCorinne

I picked up one of those car air fresheners that clip onto the vent.  They only had scents like, Tide, Gain and Downy so it smells like I'm doing laundry......in my car, lol!  Beats the stale cigarette smell that was blowing out, for sure, for sure!  

SoosannahK

I bought one of those smellies that goes in the cigarette lighter hole. It smells, well weird. Not bad, just weird.  I do have two of those vent clip things too. I think they were a hawaiian flowery smell. Need to get more. Sad to say my car will be a week old next week and I have already smoked it up  

karenjones

you!!!! ONE  WEEK OLD AND SMOKED IT UP.  ORANGE PEELS will help and don't you dare smoke there again, ever.  You bad.

0 Kudos
Mandolinrain

I am laughing hard. I mean it. Squirrel Brianed, ??? lolololololololol...yep that was me for sure, and yep sometimes still am...hahahahahaha

I am always the sucker to buy all the 'feel good stuff'....when in all actuality,, I just need to learn how to 'feel'. 

Sure there are aromas that are mind endowing  but I think 'meditation ' works better for me anyway.

But I totally get where your coming from. Scents can be very calming 

I am in love with the smell of Palo Santo Wood sticks and also have a love for White Sage Smudge Sticks. I like these so much more than essential oils and whenever we have company, which is often,..they always remark on these and want to know where I bought them.

Actually I just started to make them myself because I grow sage and lavender.... and theres loads of info to make them on internet.Give it a try

0 Kudos