cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Grammy25

Thinking positive about being able to stop cigarette on my quit dat😊

This morning when I got up I really didn’t feel like having a cigarette; but of course I did. The first two cigarettes were ok but the third and fourth tasted like crap; so I decided to take a walk instead of having another one. I walk further than I have in three months and after the walk I felt tired but great! I feel that I will be able to give up cigarettes on my quit date of August 31 now  !!

23 Replies
Grammy25

Meant to say cigarettes and date in my title!!

0 Kudos
IrishRose

This is wonderful news!!!!!  You took a walk instead!!!!!  

((((((hug)))))) for you. 

Irish Rose 

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you

I found it made me feel better than having another cigarette. Of course I had some more cigarettes during the day; but I’m sure I will get there

IrishRose

When I quit back in 2010, I found walking to be the best thing I could do to shake off the urge to smoke a cancer stick.  Walking and drinking water with lots of ice cubes. 

The urge to smoke only lasts a few minutes.  That is why I urge you to get up and change your routine when an urge hits.  It will get your mind off smoking just like it did for you yesterday when you took a walk.  If you do not feel like a cancer stick when you think of having one, do not have one.  Get up and do something else with that time.

Irish Rose 

Grammy25

I am finding that I feel more positive about accomplishing something instead of smoking and the thing that needs to be done still has to be done.

YoungAtHeart

A lesson learned:  just because you THINK you need a cigarette- you really don't.  Distract!  Distract!  Distract!

Good for you!

Nancy

Grammy25

Thank you

0 Kudos
Grammy25

Thank you

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

You're already changing your mindset for a success quit.