cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britt228

How to lose weight after quitting?

I may or may not have over indulged and eaten my weight in candies for longer than expected.  I figured I’d give into sweet cravings the first week...and here I am. I got on the scale yesterday, got off in disbelief and got back on. Turns out eating your weight in ice cream and chocolate chips definitely packs on the pounds. Any advice? How did you shed the extra weight?

(I’m cutting the sweets out to start)

Labels (2)
6 Replies
SimplySheri

Believe it or not, within a few months, you'll lose those quit pounds kind of naturally.  Sometimes its because you'll start either going for walks or you'll get active in other ways.  The beginning of a quit is, naturally, all focused on keeping that quit going so we do tend to stay stationary and eat   The months go on and that quit is starting to look pretty good on us so we resume our lives more....eating less and moving more.

If you are concerned about your weight to the extent you need to do something, try yoga   It's my go-to.  It never hurts and I got lean and strong and balanced.  I love it!!

Congrats on your quit   Nicely done!!

Sheri

Britt228

You know I just ordered that ddpy yoga dvd set the  other day, haven’t gotten it yet but I hear good things....not very flexible so I’m going to take it slow, I’ll let you know how it goes!

Thank you!

SimplySheri

Very cool!!  And remember, it shouldn't hurt!  If it does, ease off the pose because you're doing it wrong   Yes, please let me know how it goes!

JACKIE1-25-15

Losing weight is an individual venture.  What works for one person may not work for another.  I myself, have to keep the sugar intake to a minimum.  I use very little salt.  I rarely eat red meat.  I try to remain active. I weigh less now that I have quit smoking but I did gain a little in the beginning.  I tried not to make that the no. 1 focus but worked on the quit then the weight.  Just like quitting it is a process.  You have to work it.  I would suggest to eat healthier snacks and try to be a little bit more active until you find out what works for you. 

BobbiBillard

When I first quit smoking, I cut myself some slack. I decided it was better to eat a bunch of candy than to start smoking again. I hired a personal trainer and made sure the rest of my diet was good. Diet is really key as it's difficult to out exercise a bad diet. I was always terrified to quit smoking because of the potential for weight gain but eventually my weight returned back to normal and I never let the gain get too out of hand. In fact I'm thinner now than most of my time as a smoker. I never thought I'd be saying that. Be patient and don't be too hard on yourself. 

0 Kudos
indingrl

I pray n ask God to help ME to live to eat veggies n fish n blueberries n drink water water water- walking works for ME-been praying n asking God for help since nov 6th 1986-been exercising with leslie sansone since aug 2010- been healthy eating since 2005-been drinking water all throughout-i have lost wt-i have gained wt-throughout MY non smoker life style ONLY by Gods grace i have not used nicotine-no matter what life jumps out of the bushes at ME-then i remember to come here and share attitude of gratitude.amen

0 Kudos