cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Day 36 isn’t a good day

I don’t know what it is today but I’m not having a good day at all. I’m very irritable I’m on edge and it’s taking all my strength to ignore these feelings. In the past I would just say forget it and I can go buy cigarettes but not today. I don’t know why Day 36 Is such a difficult day for me. Is this normal? I haven’t had a day like this since I quit.

22 Replies
Barbscloud

Actually, I think it's great that this is the first time you've felt like this!  Is it possible there's something else causing you to be irritable?  

GyorgyiM

Just "Manage the Moment" a new day is just around the corner my friend....

Sandy-9-17-17

Ralph1955‌  I have to agree with GyorgyiM‌.....Just manage the moment for today, and Barbscloud‌ also has a good point, is there something weighing on your mind today!?   Try to work through it, and don't fight it as much as work "through" it!  Because as I'm sure you have heard it before, the only way out is through!   36 days is a great number, but keep on stacking the numbers, you're almost to day 50!  

So just manage the moment, and ask yourself questions, what is it that is on your mind making it difficult, just for today?  Just in the moment!   Hang tough buddy, I know you got this!   

Ralph1955

I have finances on my mind. Summer time gets a little slow in the hair business. Doing good but when you’re the owner there’s a lot on my shoulders 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Just keep in the forefront of your mind, too - that smoking will not do ONE thing to help your finances, or the worry about them - and you will have LESS money with which to deal with them.

NO brainer - right??!!!

Stay strong!  Don't let those whispers get to you --- they LIE!!!

SimplySheri

dear whoever is reading this.jpg

maryfreecig

Having a funk for no apparent reason is normal. Keep working your smobriety. Moods and feelings come and go. 

Mandolinrain

GyorgyiM‌ did a slam dunk with her answer, IMO. 

This too shall pass, get through the moment and find something else to fixate on that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this site or smoking, okay

And remember.....When you reach that sweet point of total freedom...and I promise if you keep them away from your face, you will.....That...you will have another odd day out of the blue and it will irritate you to pieces...it too shall pass. Its normal to have a crappy day...non smokers have them also...is my point. Tomorrow is a brand new day

IrishRose

Congratulations on 36 days smokefree! 

You are going to have good days and bad days, but you just keep on keeping on with protecting your quit like you have been doing so well.

Life goes on after you quit smoking; life has its ups and downs; the only thing different is that you are no longer allowing yourself to use a crutch to deal with life.  You are now healthier, richer, smell better, not exposing others to secondhand smoke, and the list goes on.

Have a happy next day!

Irish Rose