cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question or two

Jump to solution

Do you join a group by following it?  What's an Add on and where do you get them?  Thanks, Sara

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can't join a groups that are public. Only Public Restricted and Private groups have members. If you're a follower it simply means that you subscribe to content that is posted in the group. For Public Restricted and Private Groups you must be a member in order to follow it. 

Add-ons are additional software that can enhance Jive.  We use Jive Rewards that adds a gamification system on to the site. For the most part their for companies who use Jive for their internal collaboration communities that allow connections to other software like MIcrosoft Office and other workplace automation functions. You can ignore Add-ons.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I believe yes...you follow the group to become a member in it. As far as your other question ( and I hope the first one was answered correctly), I am not sure. Someone will be along to help you soon. If not today, tomorrow

A bit more information might be needed.  In what context do you want to do an "add on?"  Is it software?  I searched here on the site and did not come up with any mention of one.

Perhaps our administrator, Mark‌ can check in with you when he is back tomorrow.

Nancy

When I click on the drop down arrow by the picture on my profile it says Add-Ons.  Just wondered what that was, sounds like it could be fun?!  

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can't join a groups that are public. Only Public Restricted and Private groups have members. If you're a follower it simply means that you subscribe to content that is posted in the group. For Public Restricted and Private Groups you must be a member in order to follow it. 

Add-ons are additional software that can enhance Jive.  We use Jive Rewards that adds a gamification system on to the site. For the most part their for companies who use Jive for their internal collaboration communities that allow connections to other software like MIcrosoft Office and other workplace automation functions. You can ignore Add-ons.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

You might also find this helpful:  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/docs/DOC-1071-how-to-join-a-group

Be sure to check the latest entry to be sure it's an active place.  You can always post a blog there and reawaken it, too!

Good that you are looking around!

Nancy