cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Never_again

And i cannot stop crying...

I took my daughter to meet her friends. Headed food shopping with my hubby. I made accusations and chewed him out. I wondered about my life and how I got here. I then just cried. Over life, my dog, my kids, my marriage...Everything! The problem is saying what I felt. I know I hurt my husband. He makes me so angry though. (Sorry...not relevant but had to say) I really want to get back to work. I have a plan to pay off cards and save for a trip again next summer. I need a break from here. (I teach so I am on a limited income and home most summer) I am not sure what one does. I don' want a smoke. Not at all. I need a break from candy or any wear on my poor teeth. I am just well.  Blah! So incredibly angry and sad. Literally just came on! Sorry...needed to get this out. If not for anything for me ...have a great smoke free day...

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Giulia

Quitting makes us vulnerable and our emotions raw.  Anger and sadness are very normal in the beginning of this journey.  We're mad and sad we put ourselves in this position and we're mad and sad because we've lost something we enjoyed.  And we cry a LOT and wonder if it will ever end.  It will.  You might just do a community search putting in the words angry and sad and see what pops up.  There's a lot of material written about that.  You hold on.  Tomorrow will be different.  

YoungAtHeart

What you are going through are perfectly normal withdrawal symptoms.  They are why I have stayed quit for 6+ years.  I NEVER want to repeat those days again.

It WILL get better and easier - I promise.

Nancy

MarilynH

I agree it's very normal to have your emotions all over the place I remember only to well and never want to go back to those early weeks again, deep breaths and know that we're all here to help you in any way we can and keep moving forward and stacking up your precious DOF so each evening you can look yourself in the mirror and smile and say yay for another Day WON it's going to get easier and easier with time under your belt ,you are doing super fantastic with your awesome quit journey....

dabf11e225b0e90c303f60124b5d0cab.jpg

Mandolinrain

I relate as many us did when we quit. The smallest thing could set me off. I often wished I could just go to be alone on a desert island while I quit. I am sure my husband wished that as well. He was on the pouncing end several times with me despite my explaining to him, it was temporary. He went through 'Temporary' with me more times than any human should have too, lol.

I had dance party....alone, in the basement. One of my favorite songs to 'Dance off the raw angry emotions was 'Dancin in the Moonlight': Give it a whirl...can't hurt to try and you just may smile at yourself and find yourself...inside the moonlight  ( Wish I knew how to post video) I am dumb on peters, sorry. Heres words to the song though......

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

We get it almost every night
When that moon is big and bright
It's a supernatural delight
Everybody's dancin' in the moonlight
Everybody here is out of sight
They don't bark, and they don't bite
They keep things loose, they keep 'em tight
Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight
Dancin' in the moonlight
Everybody's feelin' warm and bright
It's such a fine and natural sight
We like our fun and we never fight
You can't dance and stay uptight
It's a supernatural delight
Everybody was dancin' in the moonlight
Dancin' in the moonlight
Everybody's feelin' warm and bright
It's such a fine and natural sight
We get it almost every night
When that moon is big and bright
It's a

Giulia

Don't know if this is the rendition of the song of which you're referring, but ....

Nice.  I'd never heard it.  Thanks for sharing, Missy.

Ralph1955

I feel you more than you know. I woke up one day and thought to myself ‘Wow, where did the years go and when did I just give in to an unhappy life’. It’s as if my eyes have been closed  and my Wants just put on a back burner. I don’t have a bad life, people would love what I have, but it’s not the life that I envisioned for myself at this age. Trapped. So I’m angry a lot and bitter wondering What life I could have had if I Woke up sooner. 

Don’t let it get to you and just be strong. 

YoungAtHeart

Hey, Ralph!

Don't look back!  You aren't going that way. It serves no purpose if you learned the lessons you were supposed to learn.

NOW- look forward and make each and every moment of each and every day COUNT!  Find things (and people) you love and LIVE!!!

SimplySheri

Emotions...you gotta love 'em   They sneak around, take you by surprise, and wring you dry some days.  It probably doesn't help to hear that it's normal but quitting smoking does bring out emotions that we were so very able to bury beneath the addiction and its like they slam us with their intensity.  But then they not only even out but you begin to feel better, stronger, more capable.  I also had relationships to figure out without the crutch of smoking as well as buried issues, unfinished business. 

I hope it does help you to know that we do understand and we do relate to what you're going through.  You won't shock, horrify, or gross us out   So vent away. And know we'll listen.

beazel

Glad you came here to vent (repeat as necessary)!

Good and bad days are a part of life, I'm sorry all these thoughts hit you at once.

KTQ

Scenes From Our Weekend | Wine + Food Festival