cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jla61

Had a weird dream.

My quit date is technically today it's 1am. I woke up just a little while ago. Im excited and scared for my quit. The dream I just had was strange. I was walking through some strange place outside and seen a car and I thought "oh I should get that car for my brother." I kept walking and I ran into a girl I know and she owns the car. I asked if I could buy it she said yeah. So now im walking back to the car with my brother to show him . We get there and it's not a car. It's a huge old timey clock, it was beautiful but I was scared of it too for some reason . I wanted to buy it but it was too heavy and big for me.  Idk but I thought about that dream and I think my subconscious is trying to tell me I can't quit. The clock representing the approaching time of my quit. I thought it was beautiful but also scary and I wanted it but it was too big. Weird eh? Lol I still feel fairly confident about quitting I know want to.

Tags (1)
10 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

The addict in you will try to trick you into believing that it is not possible to quit but that just isn't true.  Look around - lots of success stories on this site, and you can be a success story too!  Read and educate yourself about this addiction.  Make a plan of what to do besides smokes when temptation comes knocking on your door.  Stay close - lots of good advise available here - free of charge.  Best wishes!

YoungAtHeart

The clock in your dream could also have been "telling" you it's high TIME you quit!!!

All of us were anxious as we approached our quit dates.  We were entering unknown territory.  Don't let it deter you.

Do the reading I suggested.  It will take some of the unknown out of your quit. Stay close to us.  Read and read some more.

How is your first day going?

Nancy

Jla61

It's going good so far im excited to be free. I had my last cigarette last night and destroyed the other ones that I had. Just not going to buy them.  Thank you for you advice and support I need it. 

YoungAtHeart

Just keep hanging around.  We don't get paid  by the word (or at ALL, actually!!!) - so blog as often as you feel the need.  The support is important in the initial days - only those who have been through it truly know how difficult it can be.

But - that said - you CAN do it!!!

Deena-A-Yenni

Day one looks good and strong.  Repeat tomorrow!!

Jla61

Thank you I think I'm in a good frame of mind. But I haven't truly faced any difficult situations yet I've just been laying down all day lol. I appreciate everyone's comments. You all are making me feel very welcomed and motivated  

Deena-A-Yenni

Nothing wrong with laying down.  Regrouping no doubt.  Don't forget about drinking that cool glass of water when you get up even if you don't have a craving.  It's a good habit to have when you're quitting smoking.  Congrats on your 1st day!!

Jla61

Thank you very much . I survived today. I went out for about 2 hours and had a stressful moment and cried from not having that stupid crutch .But I breathed and told my self that smoking doesn't help the situation. I got through it .I was hurting for that hour though. I'm feeling pretty good right now though .I'm back at home .Just hangind out. Thank you for commenting. It would be a lot harder without everyone here .

Deena-A-Yenni

This site and the people in it make a difficult but courageous feat possible and doable.  Keep blogging and reading and you will not fail.