cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SMTP

What line of BS does your addiction tell you?

Alone on Saturday night's always triggered me. Started to hear the old voice at about  7pm. Started feel bored and lonely....It said, "I'll just have 2. I can smoke like they do on "House of Cards" and just have one every night or like those movie stars who say they only smoke once in a while. That's the kind of smoker I can be...an occasional, light smoker. It's just easier that way than never smoking at all."  UGG. This is the voice of my addiction. It starts thinking it's Jennifer Aniston or something who can have a glamorous smoke here and there no problem. It feeds me those same lines of BS every time.  So I came to this site and read a bunch of your great blogs. I read some health risk stuff. I drank some water.  I am not going to go buy cigarettes because I am NOT an occasional smoker. If I smoke, I do it every single day and I cannot control it, nor have I ever been able to control it.  (Oh, that was me speaking, not my addiction.) Good nite!

3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

The Law of Addiction: quitting's only rule 

You might find this read helpful.  You did GOOD not to listen this time.  You might get some things to do for next time - like an adult coloring book and markers, or a jigsaw or crossword puzzle book.  Be prepared - not surprised!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

You did really great analyzing the craving, working through it  and making the right decision.   Coming to this site and reading blogs has been real helpful for me.  I know it kept me from smoking early in my quit.   By the time I finished reading, the craving had passed.  Understanding the addiction is big step towards success.

159 DO

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

Look at you talking yourself out of smoking!!  Beautiful job  

0 Kudos