cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Never_again

22 days 1 hour

I nearly blew it, but am still doing well. It turns out I passed my 2 stones but had surgery to get a stent in. They were kind enough to take out before a trip I was going on with my daughter. We went to Salem. Right before we left my dog bit my daughter. She needed 5 stitches. The dog has been taken to a strict training facility for 3 weeks. My daughter will go there 1 day a week to train with her. This was a choice of hers. In the meantime, the department of health was notified.  The hospital has to. They have to come on a visit he said within 10 days, but the dog is gone so .?.? The trip was fun even with stitches. I mean what mother would not have fun on a trip with herself and her daughter? I feel so horrible for my daughter. Bad situation, as we love our daughter so very much and you have that she was hurt, our pet is our family also. She has always been great with the family. Anyways...I vent, but I am still hanging on by a thread.  It has been an emotional fight with myself. Hope you all are having a great smoke free day!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I am sorry life is handing you difficulties right now - but that is going to be the case off and on...and it was, too, when you smoked.

Please ask yourself this question:  how would smoking have affected ANY of these things?  If you are honest, the answer is that it would have given you a momentary hit of dopamine, and would have allowed you to distance yourself from your troubles for a bit.....but is THAT worth losing a quit over?  NOPE!

Carry on - each situation you get through makes the next one easier to conquer.

GREAT job staying smoke free.

Nancy

Never_again

Thanks..Yes with such big issues going on, it is easy to address things that I thought were hard.

0 Kudos
SimplySheri

You can't blow it because you don't do that anymore.  Honor your commitment and know that you can't ever pick up another cigarette no matter what is going on around you.  Once you accept that, you won't be 'tested' anymore, you'll just get through it.  You have made it through some very challenging situations without losing your quit so onward and upward...you can handle things!! 

I hope you are very proud of yourself for making it through to the other side   You are doing great!!