cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Renean

Help!

Today was my quit date and I blew it already!  I smoked 3 cigarettes!  I need encouragement!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
AnnetteMM

Where'd you get them?  If they're in the house, crush them and throw away! Have you read any of the blogs on here? 

Renean

I'm reading them now. I need to throw them out!

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018, 9:50 AM AnnetteMM <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
Renean

My husband smokes and it is really hard

0 Kudos
karenjones

well, throw him out too!

Barbscloud

Looks like you're going to need his support.  You probably can't throw his away.  There are blogs on the site about about quitting and living with a smoker.  Don't wait to quit again.  It only makes it harder.    Spend time on the site and reach out BEFORE you smoke.  We're here for you.

0 Kudos
Daniela2016

You are not alone, quitting with a smoker in the house; it is harder, but possible.

Why don't you take some time and prepare for the quit?  Allan Carr's book did wonders for me, it is called "The easy way to quit smoking".  It is going to help re-direct your thought process to see the addiction to nicotine for what is doing to us, and ways to step away from it.  Also you should know how is your immediate future going to change as you start your journey to freedom.  Here are some links for you: 

/blogs/Giulia-blog/2015/02/23/expectations-timelines-and-the-reality-you-create 

For Our New Years' Quitters (and community members, too) 

/blogs/jonescarp.aka.dale.Jan_2007-blog/2011/06/26/what-to-expect-in-the-first-four-months 

Please come back, talk to us, you can do it, you just need to learn your tools and use them.

Barbara145

I found that I had to promise myself that no matter what I wanted, no matter what I was feeling a cigarette would never be the answer. That was almost 5 years ago with this site.  I smoked for 52 years.  You can do this even with your husband smoking still.

Renean

Thank you all!  I know I can do this!

Giulia

You CAN do this, but you have to /blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/03/make-quitting-a-priority   And you have to do your homework, i.e. -  read about this addiction, read about how others deal with it, utilize the quit plan material here, learn about your triggers, etc.  It is through knowledge that we beat this addiction.  Knowledge, perseverance and a plan.  Glad you've joined us.  Chin up!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/community/expert-advice/blog/2017/06/21/quitting-when-you-live-wi...   (You can gather more information on a topic by using the magnifying glass upper right.  Such as "quitting with a smoker" "living with a smoker,"  etc.)