AnsweredAssumed Answered

Depression after 30 days? Am I crazy?

Question asked by NateinCO on Aug 16, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2018 by karenjones

Hello everyone, I didn’t know where else to go, it seems like a lot of people in my local environment can’t really relate to what I’m going through so I was hoping to find some support or advice here. 

I must first admit admit that I was not a smoker but rather used smokeless tobacco (about one can per day) so hopefully I don’t offend anyone for being here.  I quit cold turkey on July 12 this year and it’s been 35 days, overall I feel pretty good, any anger and aggression I was feeling at first has gone away however the past couple weeks I feel a depression and anxiety where I take things personal or too seriously (which is not like me at all).  Some days I am fine and everything is okay and other days I don’t feel good about myself and really don’t want to interact with anyone.  While I assume this is some sort of depressive state caused by no longer using nicotine, everyone thinks that after a month I should be over it.  I just wanted to get some input from people that have actually gone through this process and figure out if I’m the crazy one or not.  Just to clarify, I do not feel like hurting myself or anyone else, I am just finding it hard to find joy in things and smile throughout the week which is something  I am not used to.

Thank you to anyone who listened to me ramble.

Nate

Outcomes