cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Never_again

17 days...6 hours...11 minutes

Well I had the surgery. Turns out I had passed both stones over the weekend. Which would explain why I was so tired. They still placed a stent, because of swelling. So uncomfortable. Have it till next Monday. I won't complain though, because it could be worse pain. For some reason I have had a horrible urge to smoke though. I am resisting that urge, but it had snuck out of nowhere. Wonder why? Oh well...I do t smoke anymore so ...had a few fireballs. Have a great smoke free night!

8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Smoking was your "comfort food" and right now, I'm guessing you could use some TLC.  How about a nice bath soak or shower?  Maybe a neck or foot rub (if you have somebody to do that?!)  A comfy nap or a binge TV watch might be in order, too.  Or how about some window shopping at Etsy - or watch some YouTube cute animal videos.

Treat yourself!!!

Nancy

Never_again

Does make perfect sense... thank you.  A warm shower and currently a movie. 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

...and I forgot to tell you how proud I am that you blogged here and asked the question instead of smoking!

Bravo!!!

indingrl

Good job and CONGRATS 17 DAYS 6 HOURS 11 MIN-NON SMOKER LIVING!

JACKIE1-25-15

A fireball would be nice right about now.  You are still very early in your quit and you will have those urges to come from left field.  The main thing is to keep moving forward and know that the urge will pass.   NOPE will keep you free. Smoking will not help the healing process so stay free.  You are in this to win. The journey continues Wishing you a speedy recovery. 

Never_again

My dentist is going to be so mad lol...

0 Kudos

Congrats on 17 days! Your just a little stressed with the surgery and that’s why the urges are hitting. Acknowledge the urges and move on.

Mandolinrain

So glad the stones passed and so sorry you still have to have the stent,...they hurt as much if not more than the darn stones!

You know the smokes won't makes the stent feel any better.....nearly at 18 days now! You got this!

Also....heating pad on tummy helped me get through stent pain. Prayers going up for you!