cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Never_again

Hard...N.O.P.E

I am in my hotel room at a wheeling event. I always thought I was the odd man out. Nobody else smoked. Now that I quit, I see so many groups of smokers. I cannot have a drink, because of meds and these stones. However, I also really don' drink. People seem upset when I say no to the occasional shot. Also, when I come up to get away. Both from smoke and also exhausted from pain. Oh well. I am on day 14. Found ways to deal with those urges. Tomorrow I wheel so I am going to try and sleep. Have a great smoke free night!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

What is a "wheeling event?"

So happy you are resisting the calls to drink.  It is SO not a good idea to do that when you are quitting smoking.

I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Never_again

We basically have built up jeeps to ride trails. It is an event for breast cancer. Super fun. I am almost thankful for these stones, as I have been taking naps away most of the event. I normally don' drink anyways. But omg...everyone seems to be smoking.  I won' give in though. Thanks for your reply  

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I am proud of you for not finding an excuse to smoke in all you are going through.

You should be super proud, too!!!

beazel

Sounds like fun! Your quit is very young so it's great to hear you have some tools to deal with those urges.

Keep those tools close and use as needed!!!

Be proud of those 14 days...you will never have to repeat them!

KTQ