cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Jpuhich

Need to change my quit date

Jump to solution

Well, I set my quit date too soon. It was last Saturday and, yes, I mean, no, I didn't quit. I didn't create a plan. I need to that and then come up with ways to implement my plan. Help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can change your quit date and update your plan in My Quit Plan, up in the upper right of every page.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

8 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can change your quit date and update your plan in My Quit Plan, up in the upper right of every page.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
Jpuhich

Thank you so much Mark! I'm actually having a hard time negotiating this website! Where do I create my plan?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a checklist on My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX to help get your plan set up in addition to a lot of helpful information to read through and videos to watch.  The other members of the community may also suggest other options for educating yourself based on their experience quitting.

Also after you have chosen a new quit date and updated it on My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  you'll need to Logout using this link and back in to have it sync to the community.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Jpuhich

So Mark, if I understand you correctly. When I make my new quit day I need to log out and then log back in? Will my user name and password stay the same?

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Correct.  Your login information will not change.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Giulia

Definitely smart to have a plan before embarking on this quitting journey.  I wrote the following as a basic Quitting 101 kind of thing:  /blogs/Giulia-blog/2018/03/01/quitting-is-a-skill-that-can-be-learned   Might help a bit.  Reading in Best of EX‌ is also a good primer.  Know that you can do this.  Our family here is full of those who have had success at this.  Chin up and have heart!

Jpuhich

Thank you so much Giulia! This is so helpful! I will definitely check out what you wrote!

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Ways to implement your plan? First thing that comes to mind is to realize that it all happens one day at a time. Start from there. Trust that you can quit, trust the support here (good listeners and blog as much as you wish). Welcome to Ex.

0 Kudos