cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

Stop Quitting

~~Good things come to those who believe, better things come to those who wait, the best things come to those who don't give up.~~  Unknown

You have all heard it here from so many wise people "Don't quit on your quit".  You may think you can't do it anymore.  You may be tired of quitting.  You may simply hate coming back here saying "I need to start over....again."

Can I take this one step further?  Don't quit on your quit but even more, don't quit on you.  Please don't give up on yourself.  And every time you smoke after you quit, you get a little harder on yourself.  You believe a little less.  You may even feel a bit crushed.

Please stop.  Step away from your quit/smoke/quit cycle for a moment and renew your spirit.  Give yourself the love that you need.  Give yourself that "You are a badass" pep talk that you need.  And become your own best friend.

Then get back on the quit wagon and kill it!!  Not by focusing on craves or days or NRTs, but by focusing on you.  Nurture yourself during your quit.  Pamper yourself.  Love yourself.  And if you stumble along the way, brush yourself off and continue forward without beating yourself up.  You either succeed or you learn. 

The best things do come to those who don't give up.  A strong sense of self, a beautiful aura of confidence, and a powerful surge of courage that will see you through other challenges in your life.

Ok.  That's all.  Don't give up on yourself.  Don't hate on yourself.  I just wanted you to know.

Sheri

7 Replies
Strudel

Important message Sheri - well said! 

SimplySheri

Thanks, Kathy

0 Kudos
MarilynH

Thank you Sheri this sure is such an important message it truly is......

SimplySheri

Thanks, Marilyn   I appreciate you so much!!

0 Kudos
elvan

Not giving up...what a horrible thought.  Nice blog.

SimplySheri

Thanks, Ellen!  Hope you are well rested  

0 Kudos
Christine13

Thanks Sheri, very true.  Always encouraging.