cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mandolinrain

Looking for the light when you are sitting in the dark.

Its always there...the light and the dark. For me it is a choice to decide where I want to sit or just 'be'.

I can blame the dark times on nouns of various types but again....if I allow said 'noun' to capture my spirit then I risk staying on the dark. The dark is not a happy place for me. It's scary, its the unknown, it is the shadow of the 'what ifs', it is the self doubt, low esteem, anger, fear, worry, complaincentness, and the list goes on and on.....sometimes it is only one of those things...or a garden variety of a few of them. 

As much as I would love to say I have total control of the light and dark moments in my life. I don't. I cannot control life events. What I can control is how long I will linger/waddle/swim/ponder and such before I choose to start putting my focus on the light.

The light is a happy place. A place of growth, love, compassion, healing, knowledge, its like starting off on a walk on a path full of hope because my attitude changes to that of a positive outlook. Considering Nouns again, as they are in may different shapes and sizes and present differently to us all......I am choosing the light.

If I see darkness arriving I immediately search for the light. Sometimes it has to find me, but that usually because I have waited to long in the dark.

Well, I needed to write this today. I have a lot of things going on but I am optimistic that the light will prevail. I feel very good about it , in fact. I know darkness will at times come and go...but I also know so will the light. I also know I can choose to make that happen more often just by recognizing it, showing gratitude whenever and wherever I can.

I encourage you on your quit journey to search for the light. The moments of the greatest darkness will bring forth the strongest light if you hold tight and strive for the light in all that you are with all of your heart.

I encourage you on your life journey to apply this as well.

There can be no darkness where the light is.

Look for it. Reach for it. Strive for it and even more...be it for someone else who has lost their way in the dark. Be that hope, confidence and love. For what you give out, will come back to you tenfold. It has for me and it will for you too.

Where do you see the light?

Do you look for opportunities full of 'light'?????

Or are you sitting in the dark waiting and hoping for opportunities happen?

Tags (1)
16 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I have searched for the light EVERY day for the past 18 months while I have been forced to get around on crutches.  EVERYTHING  is a major chore and it's easy to just not do.  I cannot do so much of what I want to do.

BUT - like you, I know that allowing the dark to win is not in my best interest....so I work to get into the light.  Sometimes it's a slow crawl - but I GET there.

Every day!

SimplySheri

You do bring such light, Nancy, every time you are here on ex.  There is a gentleness and a grace about you that can be seen through your words and your wisdom.  It isn't easy going through what you are going through as we value our mobility and independence.  Prayers for healing and health!  But know that the other sides of your light...your words, your support, your spirit....are still in full force.  Much love.

Mandolinrain

I know its been hard for you.  Amen to Sheris words....you bring much light to this site....encouragement and hope. Its good to see you are not stopping and giving up. I crawl a lot to some days. Its better than doing nothing at all.Sometimes we have to encourage the light and show it we are willing to do our part to make it brighter,...I think you do that every day.xoxo

MarilynH

Huge loving hug coming your way Nancy.....

elvan

Beautiful, ladies.  We do not control the light and the dark...only how we react.  Smoking is darkness...recovery is light, the journey is light, sometimes, it is hard to remember that.  YoungAtHeart‌ I am so sorry for the length of time you have been on crutches...I really do not know how I would handle that.  Then again...there are LOTS of things I never would have anticipated handling that came into my life...I KNOW that smoking helps nothing and, in fact, that it has CAUSED lots of the darkness in my life.

Giulia

And sometimes we provide the light by our glow-in-the-dark spirits.

Missy, you are my guiding light growing even brighter with that tenfold!

Mandolinrain

Don't underestimate yourself Thomas...your one of my rocks on this site. Your lights shines bright!

SimplySheri

Very pretty post   And full of hope and courage.  I've often been told that without dark, there would be no light.  Darkness is ok as long as we don't dwell in its midst.  Move through it, I think, and then back into the sunlight where we belong.

I hope you see how brightly you shine, Missy.  And when you are going through your darkness, may you focus on that light at the end of the tunnel and know that you will once again be feeling the sun soon.  Gentle hugs!!