cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Never_again

Stay away!

The first thing I spoke to the family today. I am on day 7. I am excited, but for some reason today I feel the need to throat punch anyone! The irritation is real. I feel proud, but yet so horrible for my actions. Anyways...have a great smoke free day. Oh and I am still learning, but I do want to congratulate those aweome quits. And so happy to hear about all of the good news  

10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Right on schedule.  You might apologize to your family ahead of time for your actions in the next several weeks. Your body and mind are going through withdrawal  - and you can ask for their understanding and support.  The end result will be SO worth it.

And - do get plenty of exercise to get some of the angst out.  You will be amazed how much better you will feel after a hard and fast walk.

Hang in there  - your patience will be rewarded!

Nancy

indingrl

CONGRATS 7 NON SMOKER LIVING GOOD JOB!

SimplySheri

Emotions...including frustration and anger and all the rest...come and go, quit or not   It's our behaviors that we have to check.  No throat punching but a good visualization won't hurt   Congratulations on your amazing 7 days!!!  You are doing it!!

Sheri

mama3953

Congratulations on day 7 and I for one will never think ill of anyone’s behavior while quitting smoking!  We will do this together!

Giulia

It's okay to bark - just don't bite.  

Old Hollywood Films bite 1930s biting jean harlow GIF     Remember to keep a sense of humor about you!

Kudos on the first of many more magnificent weeks to come!

elvan

Congratulations...that irritability will, for the most part, pass and then it will return and then pass and return, etc.  All part of the recovery process.  You are doing great.  I don't think ANY of us OR our families ever want to go through the beginning again.

Ellen

0 Kudos
Never_again

Thanks everyone. I am keeping busy preparing for the next school year and off to bed. My hubby is out for night and my daughter to be home soon. They Know this shall pass, as my previous quits  

JACKIE1-25-15

Get a punching bag

vanlil

Wonderful that you recognize and not deny your mood   .  That I great. Your on the right path.

Lillian