cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Clearing my throat.....for well past the first year I'd quit smoking

You Heard Me.

I must say the most annoying long term thing about

quitting smoking was constantly clearing my throat.

This went on for well past my first year.

Now I wonder if it wasn't acid reflux? 

And I let it go, not knowing, not even suspecting.

If you have any such symptoms, get them checked out.

Now, on to visualizing food without eating it.   

Eating.jpg

shakes.jpg

12 Replies
elvan

Just a tad on the messy side...made me laugh though and that releases dopamine.

RachelN

My stomach growled just looking at all that yummy sugary food, lol.  I needed that dopamine release right now so thank you

0 Kudos
Bree19

Here's my chance JonesCarpeDiem 

One of the secrets from America that's always puzzled me.

What is chicken fried steak?

Chicken fried together WITH steak.

Steak fried in chicken fat?

Why would steak be fried though?   Steak gets grilled, or BBQ'd, over here anyway.

I have wondered all my life about chicken fried steak when I read a book or whatever, and never had anyone to ask.

Educate the foreigner please???

I guess I could have googled it right?  But rather speak to people

Hugs

Bree

Typically it's a tenderized steak (less expensive cut and pounded to break down the fibers that otherwise would have been a tough piece of meat)

Coated with flour and salt and pepper and fried in oil.

It gets a nice crunchy coating, creates great dripping for gravy.

Bree19

Thanks Dale!

Might try that soon.

xxx

don't use your hand to pound it. 

a cast iron skillet or a meat mallet.

not more that 38 hits if it's cloudy out

and, make sure you're wearing red.

elvan

Bree19‌ I had never heard of chicken fried steak until I moved south...I am sure it is up north but it wasn't served in the home I grew up in...we sometimes had grilled steak but it was cold a lot so most often, steak was fried in a frying pan with TONS of butter.  My mother was French...EVERYTHING included butter in ridiculously large amounts.  The three most important ingredients in French cuisine...Butter, butter, and butter.  OMG, it's amazing that I HAVE any arteries and that I am not HUGE...neither was she or anyone else in the family.  Hmmmm.

SimplySheri

Yes, I heard the same thing about the thought of food releasing dopamine.  But it's the taste that I like   Not chocolate or candy but I do love coconut cake and strawberry shortcake.

On the other topic, please continue to stress the importance of getting looked at for symptoms that hang around and nag at us!!  It's so very important and I think these things are dismissed too easily sometimes as "we all go through that during a quit".  Professional advice is really best.

Sorry you are going through that now, Dale, and I hope the worst is over with   Prayers and well wishes always!

Mandolinrain

These look wonderful but I know for a fact it would stir up my reflux