cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There's an issue with personal blogs

Jump to solution

Mark‌  Mike.n.Atlanta posted a blog this morning and it has the same problem that Marilyn had the other day.  It is showing up as being deleted when I try to open it.

Capture.PNG

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the heads up. Temporary solution is to post blogs in Conversations‌ and then they can be moved back after the issue is solved.

Update:

If you're encountering this issue with your personal blogs. Write your blogs(this is a quick link to do so) and put them in Conversations for now. Once the issue is resolved then they can be moved back to your personal blog container.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the heads up. Temporary solution is to post blogs in Conversations‌ and then they can be moved back after the issue is solved.

Update:

If you're encountering this issue with your personal blogs. Write your blogs(this is a quick link to do so) and put them in Conversations for now. Once the issue is resolved then they can be moved back to your personal blog container.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

How long do think it'll take the tech team to figure this out? I suppose though that that's a dumb question but it would be nice to have an idea when to expect a fix, I really, really prefer posting in the blogs than in the conversations Mark this new platform isn't even two years old yet, I'm still trying to remind myself that I can't @ mention anyone with underscores in their name but that problem is probably taking a back seat because of more important issues like the blogs, thanks Mark for getting on this and good luck to the tech team that they can get things running smoothly again soon.

0 Kudos

MarilynH wrote:

How long do think it'll take the tech team to figure this out? I suppose though that that's a dumb question but it would be nice to have an idea when to expect a fix, I really, really prefer posting in the blogs than in the conversations Mark this new platform isn't even two years old yet, I'm still trying to remind myself that I can't @ mention anyone with underscores in their name but that problem is probably taking a back seat because of more important issues like the blogs, thanks Mark for getting on this and good luck to the tech team that they can get things running smoothly again soon.

MarilynH

I don't have any idea how long it will take as I don't know what is causing the issue. 

You can still post a blog in Conversations‌. That way when it is resolved it can be moved back into your personal blog. To be clear I'm not asking you to post as a Discussion or a Question. Just asking you to temporarily place your posts in another location. See Blog posts | Conversations | BecomeAnEX.

Some people with @Mentions can be mentioned. Others cannot. You can @mention people with underscores but you have to copy and paste the link to their profile inline in your post or comment and then it will automatically make it as an @Mention. It is one of a couple work arounds for people affected. Anyone who has an underscore can be directed to me and I'll update their username to remove the underscore. It can only be done as a 1 to 1 one basis. As for priority, they are probably being worked on by completely different people but I couldn't speak to their priority.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Thank you Mark, I should have known better than to ask because I knew it was a dumb question and as you suggested on the wk end to write in conversations which I have been and as you've said before about the @ that some do work other than that to copy and paste which I'll figure out someday but I can work around that issue that's not a problem that I'm concerned with .

0 Kudos

Underscore username issue is now solved

EX Community Admin Team

Mark    Dale just had a blog do the same thing, hopefully this is fixed soon!  

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is now resolved. Your blogs should be available again.

Any blog that you've posted in Conversations‌ or a group blog can be moved into your personal blog by going to the blog. Look in the upper right of the page and click Actions > MoveUsername Blog write a blog in your blog (Click your username). A pop up will appear then click the box for "Show location change in streams" and then click Yes- move it here.

The blog will then be moved back to your personal blog container and the issue will be resolved.

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team

Thanks Mark for your rapid response to problems!!!!!

0 Kudos

indingrl‌, freeneasy‌, MarilynH‌  Just wanted to make sure you saw my directions above so that you knew how to move blogs to your personal blog place as I saw you had made blogs while the issue was occuring. 

Mark
EX Community Manager

EX Community Admin Team