cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

hattonc

DAY 12

I’m trying to stay close to this site . Honestly it’s been a little harder this time for me... I still have not smoked AT ALL!! But I’m dealing with a couple of serious issues in my life and it’s jolting my nerves daily ... u see when I would get upset or nervous a cigarette was the first thing I grabbed .. now that’s not an option for me.. last night I was so upset that I almost ran to the store and bought a pack ! But then I thought about how I’ve been exercising and I want to start running again ... and how no one or thing is worth me losing what I’ve worked hard to achieve thus far.. oh please pray for me .. I really need support right now.. have a good day everyone... 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Barbscloud

When any smoker gets upset, they smoke.  That's part of what we do.   We smoke when we're sad, happy, angry, stressed etc. --we smoke for any reason we can.  That's why we have to learn new behaviors to associate with those activities and break those old connections to smoking in our brains.  12 days is a fabulous start.  You can do it; keep up the good work.

141 DOF

YoungAtHeart

Smoking is not going to do ONE thing for the problems in your life.  Not ONE!

Don't give it the time it takes to even think about smoking. Get busy! Go for a walk!  Use your tools!  Do a few jumping jacks, or do a few flights of stairs.  Get that adrenaline going and that hit of dopamine you need will soon follow.

Life is always going to happen; how you respond will tell the tale.  Respond WELL!  Do it without smoking!  The more times you respond without smoking, the easier it will become to respond WELL!

Get busy!!!!

Nancy

elvan

We ALL ran to smoke whenever anything happened...that's why we are called addicts.  We never learned to deal with our emotions the way people who never stuffed them did while they were growing up.  WE get to grow now...we need to feel every emotion and accept that the emotions WON'T kill us, smoking WILL.  It is okay to feel angry or sad or lonely, it is okay to feel whatever you feel...it is NOT okay to smoke.  Smoking does not fix anything...it does not make physical pain lessen, it does not make anger disappear, it does not help with any emotion or feeling you can possibly think of.  Nothing gets better because you smoke.  It distracts you for a minuscule period of time and then whatever you smoked over is still there and you have lost a perfectly good quit.  I know, I did it over and over again.   Thanks to this site and the people here, I have learned to deal with things the way I always should have...it does get easier.  I wish I could tell you exactly when but I everyone is different.  Hold on to your quit and read as many blogs as you can...see how others are dealing with their quits and growing them.  You are doing GREAT, almost two weeks...keep going and growing.

Ellen

0 Kudos